xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: UnleashX In Craxtion  (Read 238 times)

LepPpeR

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« on: December 10, 2003, 09:34:00 AM »

Let me get some feedback because I might be interested in including this as it seems to be a viable alternative to my current multigame menu's.

If anyone feels like helping me out, PM me for details.

Thank You

LepPpeR - Team Craxtion

heinrich

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »

sure, the more options the better - as long as it works of course  wink.gif

LepPpeR

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 10:13:00 AM »

hehe, I try to make everything work

LepPpeR

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 01:24:00 PM »

I want a discussion here.  rolleyes.gif

what options do you want?  What do you not want?  Simplicity is my main goal.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 01:25:00 PM »

p.s - http://www.craxtion.com  <--- for the what the **** is craxtion results.

vidgms4me

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 03:22:00 PM »

YES, PLEASE smile.gif

Just got a DVD Burner (A06U) , and I must say, MenuX is getting a little boring, especially for those of us who don't feel like searching for screenshots or take the extra time to download huge skins.

I really think UX support would be great - it is much faster loading than MXM (yes, I'm impatient), and feels more like a cleaner menu (in my opinion, no intention to turn this into a flame war).

The current variety of skins also seem to work great.

Hmm... Just a thought (for Team Craxtion) any chance there will be an option to set skin location to the hard drive, so that we can easily switch skins on the multigame discs (IT gets annoying when you can only include one MenuX/MXM skin in craxtion).  Maybe UX can even allow for the checking of a HDD file for the default skin to be used, so you can change the default skin without reburning.  Once again, just a thought.

Anyway, I'm available to help in any ways needed... I'll be burning a lot of backups with the new burner, so however I can help.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2003, 04:42:00 PM »

I can configure it anyway you like as long as UnleashX or the others allow it.  Whatever is configurable I can put it.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2003, 06:11:00 PM »

The beauty of adding UNLEASHX to CRAXTION.. is that UNLEASHX can AUTONAME the games, and display pics based on the embedded icons in the XBE files.

So.. Craxtion would only need to produce the DIR structure (GAME1) (GAME2) etc.. and have UNLEASHX detect the contents..

Not to mention the quick boots.. and the slick skins.. plus.. this as a skin would rock for multigame disks cause it is a full dash.. with all the cool unleashx options.

Imagine: Craxtion/UnleashX multi-Game disk boots.. we play one of 2-6 games.. then IGR back to main menu.. then decide to copy Game3 to XBOX HD.. and navigate to File Manager.. a few button presses later.. the game is now transering to the xbox hd.

It's like the best of all worlds.

Megadeth

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2003, 08:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Dec 11 2003, 03:11 AM)
The beauty of adding UNLEASHX to CRAXTION.. is that UNLEASHX can AUTONAME the games, and display pics based on the embedded icons in the XBE files.

So.. Craxtion would only need to produce the DIR structure (GAME1) (GAME2) etc.. and have UNLEASHX detect the contents..

Not to mention the quick boots.. and the slick skins.. plus.. this as a skin would rock for multigame disks cause it is a full dash.. with all the cool unleashx options.

Imagine: Craxtion/UnleashX multi-Game disk boots.. we play one of 2-6 games.. then IGR back to main menu.. then decide to copy Game3 to XBOX HD.. and navigate to File Manager.. a few button presses later.. the game is now transering to the xbox hd.

It's like the best of all worlds.

I'm sold on how much easier its gonna make xbox multi game compilations. Great explaining HSDEMONZ you'd make a good salesperson. Thats a combination unleashx and craxation.

daviefresh1775

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2003, 09:09:00 PM »

I am definitely all for it beerchug.gif

deakphreak

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2003, 03:59:00 AM »

Well, you could always just make your own multimenu with unleash x.  All you have to do is burn the dashboard to a dvd and setup the config with links to the games you want to play.  You could do that with any dash, like evolution x if you wanted, you just have to set it up so on the menu, it just shows the games on that disk.  Just a thought.   With MxM, i just get some skin files, put them in the Default Skin folder then all the game folders, then throw in the default.xbe file in the root and the config file, and it does the rest.  I did try using Craxtion to do that once before, and it seems like nero 6 wasnt able to read the iso, so i just do it that way for now and make an iso with iso maker 2.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2003, 04:08:00 AM »

Tell me if you need something when in DVD mode that's not currently there and I'll see what I can do

The only thing we need.. is to make sure that when it boots from the DISK.. is keeps DRIVE Letters consistant with the normal HARD DRIVE based usuage of Unleashx.

Eg. Drive E when booting from DISK will be the same Drive E when boting as normal HD based dashboard.

Leppper can test for that easy enough.

hydraulix

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2003, 04:42:00 AM »

you got my vote, like heinrich said, as long as it works.

brandogg

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2003, 10:46:00 AM »

UnleashX uses icons from gamesaves made after you save your game once, if it's burnt on a DVD-R I don't think any of the "auto-add"-style options (icons for games) would work.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
UnleashX In Craxtion
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2003, 11:18:00 AM »

UnleashX uses icons from gamesaves made after you save your game once, if it's burnt on a DVD-R I don't think any of the "auto-add"-style options (icons for games) would work.

Wrong. (good try guessing though..)

The Icon is embedded in the XBE file of the game.

EDIT: shoot.. UNLEASH answered this already.
Pages: [1] 2