xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Nexgen V2 Progress Updates  (Read 1840 times)

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Nexgen V2 Progress Updates
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 09:59:00 PM »

With the return of sp0ok to the team & doing some awesome work on the dash this has made me abit jelouse so i have decided to unpack the xbox & get back to work.
will be doing some extensive beta testing on the next release & will try find out if any new bugs have came out of there closet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

So untill Homebrew is avialiable on the xbox 360 its all decks on xbox for me.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 04:50:00 AM »

and I fixed the site up to http://spider.xbox-scene.com/~xos/ if you want to get to it. Some things might not work but I cant afford a new domain (since I buy like 7 others for different companies a year) use that temp address for now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif).

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »

Lol Looking back at some old news posts wonder how much has been done (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Posted by kev2

Sp0ok can u hint us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Here is a quick progress report on Nexgen 2. There is no release date at this time but hopefully it won't be too long before you can all try it out.

Features:

Full xbe launching

FTP Server
FTP Client
Xecuter 3 support including X3Lcd
Xbox remote support
Autoupdate
Screenshots
Xbox hardware control (LED, Fan, etc)

Multi-mode screensaver (Including matrix effect)
HDD formatting and locking/unlocking support
Whats left to do:

Finish replacing music playback functions
A massive load of work on the skin engine (too much to go in to here really . .)

Finish HTTP server
Some sort of forced confirmation popups on specific functions, for example, when formatting harddrives or changing eeprom settings
config file loading and saving needs cleaning up
An awesome amount of testing and no doubt debugging

lots of other things I can't remember . .

wdew123

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 05:37:00 AM »

thanks for the updates this sounds awesome cant wait to try it out again its been a real long time since  have tested nexgen

SpOoK

• Recovered User
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

Thanks for all the support over the last few weeks. I will have another internal build ready in the next day or 2. Works being a bitch but im trying to manage time for neXgen.

I finaly merged all the various build of neXgen v2.0 into the 1 main source tree so things are finaly looking more complete.

Will keep you posted. thanks again

SpOoK

• Recovered User
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »

Small Update:
run into a small problem thats being a complete ass to get working right once this is sorted alot of other features of the dash will work as they should. This little annoyance is starting to realy do my head in. I have booked the week off work next week so will put a chunck of time into the project.

SpOoK

• Recovered User
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »

Well the mini problem is fixed only problem im having at the moment is time again. Sorry for the delays on this but it's a bit of a pain at the moment at work trying to set time a side for myself.

As soon as i can find the login details to the CVS i'll update all changes there so anyone else will be able to have a look through the code or help us out.

NOTAHEADMOD

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »

SpOoK is there any chance of an update it been a while (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

SpOoK

• Recovered User
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »

hi HEADMOD,

Well its been busy for me at work and just formatting my main PC i still need to reload vs .NET and other tools to continue development with neXgen. I am working on the main code when i get chance but it's been difficult since we got rid of some staff at work and are not getting replacements until after christmas which is a complete joke!!

Looks like i will need a new TV card as well in this PC since i cant find drivers compatible with it so will have to look at getting that sorted out this weekend.

As it stands at the moment i only have one big hurdle to overcome which is getting the lock / unlock code for the HDD to work correctly as at the moment it freezes the xbox whilst it completes the task and then returns to normal working state. I have a few issues to sort in the X3LCD code and just tidy up other areas of the code. so it's not looking too bad. I do also need to finish the skinset as well hehe as without that the core of the dash is no good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I will try to have something for you as soon as possible.

Update:
Found drivers for TV card and it's working ok. will see what i can get done this weekend.

This post has been edited by SpOoK: Nov 17 2006, 06:17 PM

NOTAHEADMOD

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »

thanks SpOoK man i feel like a kid in a candy store its good to hear progress is being made (even if its slow)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

cant wait till theres a new build out to play with

SpOoK

• Recovered User
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »

Well all the dev tools have been loaded and builds are compiling. I hope it wont be long before i put something out there. I may leave the lock/unlock support out of this build and get it finished a bit later.

NOTAHEADMOD

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 01:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(SpOoK @ Nov 19 2006, 08:46 PM) *

Well all the dev tools have been loaded and builds are compiling. I hope it wont be long before i put something out there. I may leave the lock/unlock support out of this build and get it finished a bit later.

this is great SpOoK.SpOoK do you think the build will be out b4 the weekend
anyway good luck with it

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 04:06:00 AM »

HI sp0ok Sup long time man. I feel bad since the day xbox was released i got this team up & running & now i slowly slowly see it dieing away. I want this team & or name 2 live on & on. I think its time to recruit. ANy 1 interested Please leave any details below & we shall see what we can do.

NOTAHEADMOD

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(HoRnEyDvL @ Nov 20 2006, 11:37 AM) *

HI sp0ok Sup long time man. I feel bad since the day xbox was released i got this team up & running & now i slowly slowly see it dieing away. I want this team & or name 2 live on & on. I think its time to recruit. ANy 1 interested Please leave any details below & we shall see what we can do.

ok i know how to code a little
i can make skins or beta test
well if you need any help i will be happy to give some (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

my email is    [email protected]

SpOoK

• Recovered User
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

Hi HoRnEyDvL,

yeah it's been a while matey but things are starting to come together again. Hope to catch u later on irc or MSN which ever i get to first hehehe.

Skin set is coming along nicely now and a few of the other features are coming closer to completion. I have been gathering a few bugs from the FTP client and will be getting those fixed over the next cpl of days.

Will update you more later in the week.

Pages: 1 [2] 3