xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Nexgen V2 Progress Updates  (Read 1805 times)

SpOoK

• Recovered User
Nexgen V2 Progress Updates
« on: August 14, 2006, 04:28:00 AM »

Hi,

Well as some of you may already know that I've started to work on the neXgen code base again so I thought I would create this topic to keep you posted of updates of whats going. I've still got real life commitments but the time is more managable now to spread between work and neXgen. I hope to keep updating this threads for you.

Again thanks to you all for your support

ILTB

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 04:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(SpOoK @ Aug 14 2006, 08:28 PM) *

Hi,

Well as some of you may already know that I've started to work on the neXgen code base again so I thought I would create this topic to keep you posted of updates of whats going. I've still got real life commitments but the time is more managable now to spread between work and neXgen. I hope to keep updating this threads for you.

Again thanks to you all for your support

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

-Keel

manu_xl

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »

/me scratches his head   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

SpOoK

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »

Well some of you looked shocked but trust me there will be more updates and progress now.

I've been working through finding a fixing bugs the past few nights. the skin is coming together now and looks more presentable.

As it's only me working on the code at the moment i have decided to take a similar approach to the XBMC team and go with a "Feature Freeze" so i can incorporate the functions with the skin and it makes for easy bug finding and we know where were upto. Im sure the users would like a more stable build to use than somthing just thrown together and not properly tested.

I aim to have a build ready for internal testing later tonight / tomorrow so i can get feedback on whats working and whats not. If this testing goes well i hope by the weekend to have something that the public can use and we can start collecting any probs they find and look at what they would like to see in the dashboard.

manu_xl

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »

happy coding ...

SpOoK

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »

ok the internal build is now available to Team-XOS members!!!

I should start getting feedback over the next couple of days and then we can take it from there. If all goes well then maybe we can have something for the public over the weekend we will just have to see how the internal testing goes.

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

Cool nice work. WIll give it a shot soon just dont know the ftp details lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) will figure them out some how.

SpOoK

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 12:50:00 AM »

just a quick note there is a temp website setup untill we can re aquire www.xboxopensource.com

:: www.nexgen.no - ip.com :: I will be posting a few screenshots, news and anything todo with what were up to there.
Note: remove the spaces after "no" and "-" it looks like the forum doesnt like no-ip addresses

This post has been edited by SpOoK: Aug 16 2006, 07:54 AM

SpOoK

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 12:56:00 AM »

Just to let you know that the progress bar support is almost complete and that i will be looking at adding scrolling text for titles that have long names so they dont make the menu look cluttered. X3LCD will be one area that I want to make more use of as well. There are still a few bugs in the X3LCD code but they shouldnt take too long to fix.

How many ppl use the X3LCD???

Sorry that there was no public build made over the weekend but that was only a might not a deffo release. As soon as these last few issues are sorted i will inform of a release date for v2

This post has been edited by SpOoK: Aug 22 2006, 07:57 AM

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 02:35:00 AM »

I have an X3LCD on my 1.6 to test if you want me to.

manu_xl

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »

maybe ask, who uses x3lcd? ;-)

well i don't

TheReaper4221

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »

Its good to see that nexgen is still alive. I use the x3lcd btw.

SpOoK

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »

Hi,

Sorry its been a little while since i updated. I have been working on the new default skin set which was causing a few issues when you had more than 5 items on the list. That problem is now resolved and ive had chance to sort out some more user tweaking options. the RSS feed the user now has full control of and is not just fixed to xbox-scene why u wouldnt want that i dont know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

As i have had some PM's regarding the X3LCD i will add better support into neXgen for it. Sorry it's taking me a while to get releases out but i want it stable and as bug free as possible.

thanks for your patience and support

SpOoK

• Recovered User
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 05:20:00 AM »

well the bugs reports are coming in at a fast pace now. I have fixed most of them and now almost have a complete skin set so it's just a matter of fine tuning and getting the remaining LUA bindings completed ready for you to use.

I also found out lastnight that the dash was not actualy disableing the reset on eject and therefore it rebooted when users were opening the tray. thats been fixed and effect all the way back to the NYE build

stiguk

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »

Absolutly top dollar!!

Keep up the good work, can't wait for the next big release!

neXgen, quality easy to use dash

If I ever get to meet the master, i'll buy you a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Pages: [1] 2 3