xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New Official Nexgen Wish List  (Read 1933 times)

a2002adam

• Archived User
New Official Nexgen Wish List
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 06:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (HoRnEyDvL @ Aug 31 2004, 03:22 AM)

Not possible as this is a dash & wont be able 2 change the configurations of a game sorry no can do there.

Would it be theoretically possible for a BIOS to do it?

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2004, 06:08:00 PM »

how about a mesh for a music control panel? so music control is not just text. but not like tHc's maybe visually a bit like one of the other submenu's in orig M$dash like saves copy or something.

sorry PID :D  

a2002adam

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »

i know! sorting the installed games by the amount of times they are loaded up (total, weekly etc.), meaning your favorites are at the top and quicker to get to - the more games you have installed the more useful this idea would be

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »

ok, maybe ^that was a bit adventurous. One like the dvd panel would look good enough.

x_sasakue_x

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »

The Things that I would most likely want in the next update would be

1. fog or something of the sort so that the cellwall doesn't look so rigid.
2. Get rid of the savefile look on the games, emulators, apps menus for something better... or atleast speed up the movement through them in the next version.  Also  fix for the bug where It lists apps, etc. more than once if you have more than one path set for nexgen to search(on mine that happened even though their weren't 2 copies of the actual xbe)
3. How about an option to select the speed you want the main menu to rotate at or perhaps a constant decent speed and a very fast speed when you hold down l(like in evox)
4. A way to set a path to other music such as mp3's
5. Personally I think that names of the partitions when you ftp over to you xbox through evox are annoying.. how about an option to just have them set as drive letters optionally.
6. Progress bar for dvd2hdd..(other people have requested it so i'll go with them)
7.  Xbox status page showing temperatures, space left on hdd partitions, lock/unlocked status of hdd, etc. etc.
8.  Also a music control interface.. nothing really fancy but 3d would be a nice touch.
9. The ability to give names to custom name's to xbe's but only on nexgen.. nothing like actually changing the xbe.(just an idea)
10. File manager that works with all partitions.

I'll come up with more as I come across them.

Hozy

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2004, 05:18:00 AM »

smile.gif

Thats about it but a easily customizable menu setup and stuff would really make it user friendly but also creative smile.gif

Regards
HoZy

Kryxan

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2004, 06:23:00 PM »

Well here is my $0.02

Nexgen always running -- Im sitting here wondering why I cant have my nexgen loaded into memory all the time. On MS development systems there is 128meg of ram, the top 64 goes to debug tools right? Now im thinking, 64 meg is a lot to let go to waste, and right now my modded system is just letting that go to waste almost all the time. So why not make it so nexgen can load itself into memory so that it can always be accessed. Would it be possible to have FTP or DVD backup going on in the background? The average xbox user might not be able to get all those benifits, but it be great for those who opted to add more ram.

Transition screens -- The original MSdash has some transition scenes. Since Nexgen is made to look much like the MS dash shouldnt it have transitions too? I can see some people making custom transitions too, it would be awsome to see what people could come up with.

Oh and I personally would love a newsfeed.

EDIT new idea. temps for cpu/gpu/hdd to be displayed on background or in a menu.

This post has been edited by Kryxan: Nov 7 2004, 04:04 AM

wyrp

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2004, 03:28:00 AM »

-Ability to change LED color from dash
-All three LED flash colors instead of just red and green
-Allow for altering the main menu tabs, names, and paths through settings meu
-Game and Application menus that have the same look as the main menu
-Music and Memory Menus like origional M$ Dash
-Control over network settings through settings menu

ZippoJob

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

Im surprised Im the first to ask, but, what about xlink kai support? That would be cool.

jsrlepage

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

- changeable newsfeed (default skin -> xbox-scene rss feed is placed bottom-screen)
- 3D MS-like skin
- MS-like transitions
- MS-like memomanager.

keep it simple dudes.

kurtdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2004, 11:39:00 PM »

here is something on my wish list, not much of a programmer but someone might be able to make it into a dash. take full advantage of the head set with a voice command Os or dash.

Ie: In you media center. "Play Song 2" "go to track 13"
In you  Xexploer " acess c: Run This file"

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2005, 11:51:00 PM »

Oh damn I shouldnt have said all that.  Nice dash.  I wish it looked like MS dash still.  Hows that.

This post has been edited by Heet: Jan 4 2005, 07:52 AM

dsl1

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2005, 10:12:00 PM »

Im hoping the next version comes in a .rar instead of a .ace file so use mac users can use nexgen.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »

Good suggestion dsl1!

bedow666

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2005, 09:04:00 AM »

hey guys, ok im sure some of you hate me for saying this but what about a in dash halo1 and halo2 map editor, that would kick ass... also any other games that can be modded should have editors as apps in a dash. that would make this a ultimate gaming dash for modders. what about music ripping to ms soundtracks with ability to name tracks? maybe u already have that im not sure havent seen latest nextgen, also lets see.... somehow add in autodetect network like avalaunch has. where when i plug in the cable it detects it and gives an ip, i hate having to restart cuz i forgot to swich my cable from my unmodded box.  i think also a menu system that would sort games by genre. like action, fps, kids games, stratagy, stuff like that.  also any way you could make with kai in a better way than xbmc? i like kai, but i dont use it cuz i have an unmodded xbox with live, and kai is too frustrating to set up compared to turning the system on and starting a online game.. somehow make kai always on ??? but yea my biggest wish is a good halo 2 editor lol just cuz the ones that are out are fun , but not great, something to make custom maps and auto add them to mainmenu.map or... ok ill just shut up now thanks for reading this if ya did and if not screw you cuz you dont see this part lol :beer:
Pages: 1 [2] 3