xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New Official Nexgen Wish List  (Read 1935 times)

SNICK!

• Archived User
New Official Nexgen Wish List
« on: August 26, 2004, 06:24:00 AM »

Post here what you want in neXgen 1.1 beta 2 and beyond.

Please only feature requests :NO FLAMING:

cheerz

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »

this is probably in the works already but a new cellwall would be awesome - or an improved viewpoint.

edit - oh and transparency behind orb if possible instead of black hole

This post has been edited by gasclown: Aug 26 2004, 10:11 PM

SNICK!

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 04:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (gasclown @ Aug 26 2004, 10:22 PM)
this is probably in the works already but a new cellwall would be awesome - or an improved viewpoint.

I'm already working on this

Not sure if its already being done, but if it isn't it will be incorporated (option to have black or transparency)

cheerz

neo-dilly

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 05:04:00 AM »

someone would have to rebuild the 3d model as it's just a sphere with a image pasted on to it...

PID

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 03:03:00 AM »

Already rebuilt the model. Not a sphere any more. Transparency should be as easy as applying alpha to it now. biggrin.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 01:13:00 PM »

My wish is choice pf a couple of different styles of menus I'm not really fond of that gamesave version something more compact and list like he audio/settings ones from the original ms dash

Like this CLICK ME CLICK ME

except with the game icon /video where the orb is

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Aug 28 2004, 08:19 PM

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »

My wish is to fix the smartftp bugs were files will not show but drive partitions do.

I would also like to see a progress bar in the nexgen dvd2xbox and also a tidy up of the menus so Xenium OS is in settings etc.

And installation on a different partition hope these lil bugs get fixed, oh and sort out the skins tab to display more than one skin smile.gif.

Gumboot

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »

What would be good would be a file editor that can edit all files like *.txt and *.xml + more.

And a xbox to xbox ftp program

Regards

Gumboot

SNICK!

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 02:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (Gumboot @ Aug 29 2004, 03:13 AM)
What would be good would be a file editor that can edit all files like *.txt and *.xml + more.

hmmm nice idea i'll talk it over with the team to see if we can incorporate it (like unleash-X)

And a xbox to xbox ftp program

Already one in neXgen.

cheerz

a2002adam

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »

Here are some ideas that I don't think other dashboards have (yet) - not sure if some are actually possible, but I'm sure there are ways around them wink.gif

Button re-configuration - A feature that lets you change which button does what, like re-mapping the 'B' button as the 'A' button (and visa versa) so that you can get around pre-set configurations within games and you can choose your own (and possibly automatically loading the specific configuration for a particular game when it is loaded up) - although this idea might be more suitable for a BIOS - Xenium OS perhaps? Also, would it be possible to change the sensitivity of the analog sticks/buttons?

Manual/walkthrough support - Simply a folder that contains manuals/walkthroughs etc. for a particular game and when that game is highlighted in the menu you have the option to press a button and bring up the manual for it or a guide if you're stuck

Quick choosing - This is just an idea to speed up the selection of certain features. Could you make a menu that lets you assign a button to programs/options as soon as the dash starts so that you just press the button and that menu pops up? E.g. Pressing 'Y' automatically opens the 'Games' folder, pressing 'white' opens the DVD drive or pressing 'X' launches an emulator etc etc. This obviously depends on what buttons have already been assigned to other dashboard features.

Tell me what you think and if you'll implement them, I'm sure I can think of some other stuff too!

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2004, 05:54:00 PM »

this is just a little one to show off how cool nexgen _will_ look. take screenies on all menu's

PID

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 08:33:00 PM »

Mine now takes screens on all menus gasclown (I needed to get good screens of the new models). I just pasted the screencapture code out of the mainmenu.lua in the correct place in the other .lua's. Read em and you'll find the place, sorry I'm in work and cant give you exact instructions.

Also Jess_X I am redoing all menus from scratch, I nearly got mainmenu finished and some of the game menu (uuurrghh!) done, bear with and all will look better soon, then I'll do the BSX menu style, and then some new ones smile.gif That is if the models ever become part of the skins, anyway.

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2004, 12:58:00 AM »

PID - of course. sry bout that i even seen the code while skinning - duh sleeping.gif

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »

Guys what do u think about having a news feed?

Any more suggestions?

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

Button re-configuration - A feature that lets you change which button does what, like re-mapping the 'B' button as the 'A' button (and visa versa) so that you can get around pre-set configurations within games and you can choose your own (and possibly automatically loading the specific configuration for a particular game when it is loaded up) - although this idea might be more suitable for a BIOS - Xenium OS perhaps? Also, would it be possible to change the sensitivity of the analog sticks/buttons?

Not possible as this is a dash & wont be able 2 change the configurations of a game sorry no can do there.

anual/walkthrough support - Simply a folder that contains manuals/walkthroughs etc. for a particular game and when that game is highlighted in the menu you have the option to press a button and bring up the manual for it or a guide if you're stuck

Might be possible once again wont be able 2 be used once ur in a game so ur going 2 need 2 read the guide before u start the game or exit the game read & reload,

Quick choosing - This is just an idea to speed up the selection of certain features. Could you make a menu that lets you assign a button to programs/options as soon as the dash starts so that you just press the button and that menu pops up? E.g. Pressing 'Y' automatically opens the 'Games' folder, pressing 'white' opens the DVD drive or pressing 'X' launches an emulator etc etc. This obviously depends on what buttons have already been assigned to other dashboard features.

Easy to do probably will be done some time soon if thats what people want.
Pages: [1] 2 3