xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model  (Read 1266 times)

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« on: August 18, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »

Hey guys while acid has been working on new models i decided 2 play around 2night with some lua code & see what i could come up with.  Not much But its still very early development. Trying 2 see what  we can do 2 make our models look more 3d in the lua scripting language. I am using the default xbx/images that the games have while teh team adds new code in, where u will be able 2 use your own xbx images 2 customize ur models.

I want personal opinion now which screen looks better & yeah any suggestion ill be more then happy 2 read.

(IMG:http://www.xboxopensource.com/nexgenxbx1.JPG)
(IMG:http://www.xboxopensource.com/nexgenxbx2.JPG)
(IMG:http://www.xboxopensource.com/nexgenxbx3.JPG)

TSOPrano

• Archived User
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »

Top is looking best to me... Is there any way to make the image behind the game name not so stretched?

a la Avalaunch and its "cube"? Not the cube, but a square with it in.

Frezz

• Archived User
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

Personaly I like the first one. The others just are a turn off because of colors and of how the games is centered or not. I like the second ones place for the 5000+ blocks part but the first one is missing that. So if you combine the first one with games centered and the 5000+ blocks how it is in the second one it would look really nice.

Frezz

bucko

• Recovered User
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 10:47:00 AM »

looks nice, I just had a stitch put in my chin, oww it hurts blink.gif

world in an oyster

• Archived User
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »

definetly the last.

the first two, I thought you'd been trying mist.

While the white dosnt sit well in the last, it looks a hell of a lot more solid.

also - i like how you use the logo's as a background image for the tab! wink.gif

gasclown

• Archived User
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »

The top one but just  little more solid - although i'd like to see these screens with a more plain cellwall and fog.  I have heard about the problems with the fog code but i will ask again here is it possible to lay under a background image?

Go neXgen!!

Infamous_One

• Archived User
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »

none

you can do better than that.  tongue.gif

detsub

• Archived User
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (Infamous_One @ Aug 19 2004, 04:30 AM)
none

you can do better than that.  tongue.gif

i agree, all of them have their own little things wrong with them....they just kinda look tacky...sorry

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »

Fair enough i respect ur opinion. The thing is that the models are very early in development i just wanted 2 see if i could map textured to the model using lua instead of the image been hardcoded in the xbg as well.? Any 1 want 2 create like a model of how they would like 2 see the rendered?

conc3pt

• Archived User
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 02:03:00 AM »

there are too many transparencies and textures going on that it's hard to read the text..

i think you'd be better off leaving the background of each menu item a solid background and a little if any transparency

PID

• Archived User
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 02:19:00 AM »

OMG. I cant believe U posted that !

LOL  rotfl.gif

I assure you the models look way better than that, I just need to make maps for em, and work out getting specular highlights on em so they look more 3D. I will slowly sad.gif redo all models and map em all so everyone can skin em, and even make thier own models using the max templates I will release as I go biggrin.gif

Watch this space...........

No more ass looking screens plz  unsure.gif

If anyone wants the first (Very unfinished) .max file let me know. This is opensource afterall smile.gif

kanaberra

• Archived User
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2004, 02:52:00 AM »

lo wink.gif

definitely the first one... with less transparency on blue panels (to b "over" the unselected save in screen 2) / with more shading on the stretched save icon (to better c the text) / with more transparency on cellwall (i know ppl already asking ya for fog fx wink.gif in order to focus on menu... & not on cellwall wink.gif

on last screens, panels w/ alpha off, i think these panels need a 3d structure... or texture ?!

just my 2 cents...
have to check it on my box now lol wink.gif

please keep it up (i believe opensource is the future wink.gif

br

k

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 03:05:00 AM »

thnx for ur support guys i appriciate it sorry acid about the models lol had 2 post it lol the bmp or not been called by the model its self but lua is wrapping the image 2 da model.

I ws trying 2 add a texture 2 the actual main model like the  border but no luck sad.gif ill get some 1 more advanced at lua 2 give it a shot.

gasclown

• Archived User
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2004, 03:51:00 AM »

Hi,  i'm thinking right now, neXgen needs a standard point of reference - We need workable models and a good basiC/default skin (second of course to code).

Awesome to see some popular interest.
'lo Kanna wink.gif
pid -  we still talkn .xbgs? lets have em.
horney - lovin that grab gametitle thing.

lets get this party started.

go neXgen!

esdubu

• Archived User
Nexgen Beta 2 Wip Model
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2004, 04:36:00 AM »

I agree that the first two have too much transparency. A little would be nice. Also the cell wall is a little too busy. It makes reading the text quite difficult. Keep up the good work!
Pages: [1] 2