xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Skins & Customizations  (Read 3189 times)

gasclown

• Archived User
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »

thanks. smile.gif  but there's no real point upping them yet. if you really want the skin files pm me or catch me in the chan.

PID

• Archived User
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »

Thats what I need, great, that was quick gasclown smile.gif

Notice the strangeness in the inner part of the Ring around the orb. It kinda has like a cross effect over the whole thing, will look into fixing that, although the new rendering may fix it anyway. Please if you notice any glitches in the mapping please let me know. (Try one without the Logo Orb in the centre) I'm fairly sure the inner arms of the crosshair are screwed near the centre. As gas said, no point in upping any stuff as neXgen is changing radically, just to see models work okay with any skin on em, I didn't get time to check various maps.

This is a test, designed to prevoke an emotional response.

gasclown

• Archived User
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

Its all good. the only thing i've noticed is that the orb claws(?) dissappear behind the left side of the orb and are more pronounced on the right.  does one of the axis (is it the z?) need to be swung around a fraction?

PID

• Archived User
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2004, 10:11:00 PM »

Nope, It's the angle your viewing the orbring at so the appear to move behind the x Sphere. Can you try one with no xsphere for me, I wanna see the inner claw fully (Its has a gitch in max). Also I can move the xsphere back a little, that will help.

Just put a -- in front of the xsphere code in the .lua, just as a test.

How do you find the ease of skinning ?

Anything to make life easier ? I am spilitting all the menutabs up too so there will be another 7 maps involved, 8 or 9 when I get the tubes in. Too much ? or the more the merrier (Obviously I won't make em all as small as they can be, lol)

Skinners now is the time to speak up, cause I aint redoing the models once I'm done.

Let the dog see the rabbit !

gasclown

• Archived User
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2004, 01:05:00 AM »

user posted image

I cant see the glitch on the claw - looks great (but it does block out a bit of the xsphere on up down menu movement).

skinnings been improved like 1000 percent, cos, now there are textures _and_ they work smile.gif new code will help a lot tho. yep, i say break em up, more is more heh, providing the code could pull em all from one file if need be.

...tubes - great biggrin.gif

PID

• Archived User
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2004, 02:30:00 AM »

I see it (the small squares near the centre, and that black ring). But it looks like it's supposed to be there. Thats what I was hoping for biggrin.gif hehe. Maybe I included the wrong sphere, I'll look into it. I'm glad the mapping works, I wasn't sure it would work as well as it is for all images. It's just good to get extra eyes looking at them, you get sick of looking at it after a while. Thanks Gasclown.

The new code will make this look 10 times better again (at least). This is just so I can make sure the models are good the way I'm doing em, and to get comments on them. Also to keep neXgen in the news smile.gif I hope this gets people downloading it for a try now, so they get totally blown away when we get the new code.

What do you think of size and placement too ?

Imma going to hold off the tubes for a while sick of that menu already, music menu next smile.gif

gasclown

• Archived User
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2004, 03:28:00 AM »

hey, ^i thought they were sposed to be there- so there ya go, definately keep em - it adds dimension  wink.gif .  anyway i think moving the xsphere a tad back will be good.  As for size and placement i think they all look great. although with no xsphere the tabs look heavy - but if theres no scalable code its nothing the right bitmaps couldn't subdue.

but this is just my opinion ... and im getting sick of hearing it tongue.gif , i wanna hear some others.

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2004, 03:52:00 AM »

Holy mother of god um cant talk now will be back in a few years bye tongue.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

These are looking sweet, I will be uploading screenies to main site soon smile.gif.

SNICK!

• Archived User
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »

acid's new models making neXgen look more like the m$ dash thatn the ms dash

definently prooves you don't need ms dash code to make the coolest looking dash ever

kanaberra

• Archived User
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2004, 01:50:00 PM »

fuck !!! this b/w skin looks awesome !
i have to learn how to use .lua files wink.gif

keep it up

br

k

SNICK!

• Archived User
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2004, 02:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (kanaberra @ Sep 11 2004, 09:53 PM)
fuck !!! this b/w skin looks awesome !
i have to learn how to use .lua files wink.gif

keep it up

br

k

Here you go

kanaberra

• Archived User
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2004, 03:52:00 AM »

i knew that guide, btw thx snick wink.gif
just need more time (like all of us lol ) to study it wink.gif

br

k

SNICK!

• Archived User
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2004, 05:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (kanaberra @ Sep 12 2004, 11:55 AM)
i knew that guide, btw thx snick wink.gif
just need more time (like all of us lol ) to study it wink.gif

br

k

hey

no problemo, just tryin' to help (love your bsx skins, gotta have you skinning neXgen wink.gif )

if you want i can give you some modded lua's which make it easier to study them (i found this anyway) as you can learn about variables and stuff

cheerz

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
Skins & Customizations
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2004, 05:20:00 AM »

smile.gif

But as far as i know lua has been removed from the latest build smile.gif
Not sure what language we will be using but i think there will be a beta out soon. Dont hold me on that tongue.gif

Any 1 have any ideas on what language we should use for our skins?
eg xml , ect & also show us how u would like it set out
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7