xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Team Xdashos  (Read 524 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
Team Xdashos
« on: April 14, 2004, 06:09:00 AM »

Bucko: Hello, may you introduce yourself?

HoRnEyDvL: Hello the name is Harry A.K.A HoRnEyDvL how are you?

Bucko: I’m fine thanks.

Bucko: When did you first learn to code?

HoRnEyDvL: I first started to learn to code when they started to offer s.d.d at highschool in year 11. From year 11 to year 12 we learnt vb. From there I started to write the first pc program that would let you convert images to xbx & xbx to images in a few easy clicks. When release I called Xbox Image Creator.

Bucko: What gave you the idea to create Team XdashOS

HoRnEyDvL: Team Xos well the idea started when I first opened up this room #xboxopensource. The first person that joined was Swolsten followed by A-KO & a few others. Swolsten & I shared the same views that we should have a dashboard that was opened source but looked & functioned as the M$ dash so that’s how we started I guess.

Bucko: What are the main features of nexgen

HoRnEyDvL: The main features in nexgen are well I’m not sure, I guess one main feature that we are trying 2 work on is to make it look as much as the M$ dash as we can

Bucko: What are the upcoming features of nexgen?

HoRnEyDvL: As much as I would like to tell you, that I cant atm. I can tell you though that the mem leak that was holding us back is now fixed and the team has been working hard to get some nice things into nexgen. Nexgen 1.0 WIP will no longer exist it has reached the stage where we can now call it Nexgen 1.1 Beta

Bucko: Oh that sounds great, in what state is it right now?

HoRnEyDvL: Hmm it’s in a state of mumbo jumbo. The code is all over the place as we were working to add some features, the team has been working hard & have successfully added cherrys kernel patch for video mode switching into the dash. We have also been working hard & fixed the ftp bugs, at the moment we are looking at adding an xbox nickname changer & currently working on adding a virtual keyboard

Bucko: Did you learn something while developing Xbox software?

HoRnEyDvL: What did I learn while developing Xbox software hmm that’s a good question. I learnt that doesn’t matter what age you are but if your trying to develop xbox software u develop grey hairs as well lol. I’m not a pure developer for nexgen I’m more of the project manager I make sure that everything gets done lol. The main coders of nexgen are Swolsten & sp0ok and afew others.

Bucko: Do you own a debug xbox or did you make one yourself based on a retail Xbox?

HoRnEyDvL: Hehe I did at one stage own one but that’s a long story. I think Swolsten has one as well if I remember correctly. Well do you Swolsten?

Swolsten: I have a retail converted to debug with tatx bios and another one with the new focus debug.

HoRnEyDvL: I am currently waiting for my mate to finish adding 128mb ram in my xbox so I can start playing around again.

Bucko: How have u found working on nexgen after team nexgen released their sources last year?

Swolsten: It was a great help when they released the source, I don’t think we would be where we are not if they didn’t, it was a good starting platform for us all. We had to resolve a few bugs and understand how they were doing things but we have to give a lot of thanx to the original coders.

Bucko: Will we see any modchip control in future versions of nexgen? For Xecuter3 and SmartXX? We have seen Xenium support but what about the other chip manufactures?

HoRnEyDvL: Well it’s all up to the developers of these chips I guess. If we receive code to see what way the chip os function works or even some samples I guess the team will be more then happy to ask us to support these wonderful chips. The dev team only have access to Xenium chips atm, without a smartxx we can’t add support for that.

Bucko: What have been the toughest challenges so far?

HoRnEyDvL: Heheh toughest challenges.

Swolsten: I would say time.

HoRnEyDvL: Well as you could see when the nexgen sources where released last year once compiled it were a very basic buggy dash. Nothing worked apart from the main menu if I remember clearly. With some help from the original devs we finally got some help & worked out how to get everything functioning. Also the fact that the team is located over the world been online the same time was a bit hard but that’s been sorted now.

Bucko: Is there any way people can help or support the nexgen project?

HoRnEyDvL: Well there are many ways people can help. They can join our chatroom #xboxopensource on efnet , Use our forums hosted on xbox-scene by our good friends or even on www.xboxopensource.com our sourceforge website is slowly been updated & our cvs library is been built that site is www.sourceforge.com/projects/nexgen

Bucko: Anything else you'd like to add to this interview?

kl0wn: kl0wn 0wns.

HoRnEyDvL: Well I would like 2 speak on behalf of the team for this one, We would like to thank everyone that has helped us during the past year. Some personal thanks that Team Xos would like to give out to are. Xantium for hosting our forums on xbox-scene. Kl0wn for being in our chat room from day 1 along with A-KO and Forsaken. ArmyOfOne for all the help he has given us.

To all the people that have developed software for the xbox which included xport lantus ect. I would personally like to thank Stuart, Paul. Stuart2, Adam, gangrene & Anon for been part of the team without them we would not be here today.

Thanks also to the guys over at Ozxodus for supplying the whole team with a xenium each, Xbox-gear for the chips used in our competition & mod-source for the stuff he has donated to me. There are a few other people I would like to thank but would take ages to list I’m sure they know who they are & will forgive me for not mentioning them.

RuNNiNG_W: Oo and I live around the block from Gangrene

Bucko: Thanks for your time

HoRnEyDvL: Thank you

This post has been edited by bucko on Apr 14 2004, 01:10 PM

SpOoK

• Recovered User
Team Xdashos
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 08:59:00 AM »

nice interview bucko.

I like this from Harry :)

HoRnEyDvL: What did I learn while developing Xbox software hmm that’s a good question. I learnt that doesn’t matter what age you are but if your trying to develop xbox software u develop grey hairs as well lol. I’m not a pure developer for nexgen I’m more of the project manager I make sure that everything gets done lol. The main coders of nexgen are Swolsten & sp0ok and afew others.

going grey lol that made me laugh at work today.

look forward to seeing you around in #xboxopensource bucko

kl0wn

• Archived User
Team Xdashos
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »

kl0wn: kl0wn 0wns.

HoRnEyDvL: Well I would like 2 speak on behalf of the team for this one, We would like to thank everyone that has helped us during the past year. Some personal thanks that Team Xos would like to give out to are. Xantium for hosting our forums on xbox-scene. Kl0wn for being in our chat room from day 1 along with A-KO and Forsaken. ArmyOfOne for all the help he has given us.

All so true:)

bucko

• Recovered User
Team Xdashos
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »

Hehehehe.

I added to my site at www.mark-buxton.co.uk

Hopefully harry is going to add it to xbox-scene news, could you also add it to the xboxopensource web site?

Ta bucko. Thanks for the ops in #xboxopensource btw

neo-dilly

• Archived User
Team Xdashos
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 11:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (bucko @ Apr 14 2004, 05:35 PM)
Hehehehe.

I added to my site at www.mark-buxton.co.uk

Hopefully harry is going to add it to xbox-scene news, could you also add it to the xboxopensource web site?

Ta bucko. Thanks for the ops in #xboxopensource btw

Bucko I went and added it to Xboxopensource news and added the interview to the website and added a link to your site into the news post ;)   (also the news post will likely get picked up and posted on X-S news)

Adam
Member of Team Xboxopensource

This post has been edited by neo-dilly on Apr 14 2004, 06:23 PM

bucko

• Recovered User
Team Xdashos
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »

Thank you very much, i love you guys.

neonman

• Archived User
Team Xdashos
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »

If you guys need any help, im in my second semester of Visual Basic at school. Im not sure what i could do, but i thought i might ask

bucko

• Recovered User
Team Xdashos
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 06:02:00 AM »

neonman got MIRC. I'm not a coder or anything, but speak to HoRnEyDvL in #xboxopensource on EFNET and he should be able to sort something out.

bucko

• Recovered User
Team Xdashos
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 03:33:00 AM »

Bump, any more comments anyone?