xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Nickname  (Read 450 times)

franky_402

• Archived User
Xbox Nickname
« on: January 26, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »

I have read the tutorial on changing your xbox's nickname in WinHex and i found an easier way byu accident.  I was ftping my friends xbox when i was searching all the folders and in the TDATA or the UDATA folder i found something called NICKNAME.XBN  I downlaoded it to the computer and opened it with MS wordpad and i left the original SM letters and erased the rest of the nick name and replaced it with whati wanted.  I then went to save as and typed NICKNAME.XBN then i ftped it back to my xbox and replaced the old one.  That should be it no hex editing.

*LEGEND*

• Archived User
Xbox Nickname
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »

thats good shit...

this might be a dumb question but what does this affect???

like does it display the name in places or what?

Dimgo

• Archived User
Xbox Nickname
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 01:25:00 AM »

Your Xbox name shows when you connect for LAN-gaming in for example HALO

MASTER GRINDCORE

• Archived User
Xbox Nickname
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 05:27:00 AM »

mean you that?

CODE

0SžN O I Z 3 T R 4 U M 4   R                                       0SžT H E   B E R Z E R K E R                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

?

GLiTcH

• Archived User
Xbox Nickname
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »

lmao .... it also changes when u play differenr games.. for example doa3.. what ever u save ur high score to, thats the name its going to give for ur xbox... when u save it for the first time i think..

MASTER GRINDCORE

• Archived User
Xbox Nickname
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »

i change it with unlash x
in the dash menu

T_is_for_Turbo

• Archived User
Xbox Nickname
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »

It didn't work for me. Now it just randomly changes my box' name every time I join or host a game.

Infamous_One

• Archived User
Xbox Nickname
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »

this is old.

Zerovande2

• Archived User
Xbox Nickname
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 10:25:00 PM »

Im not to clear on your instructions. Can you clarify?

JbOnE

• Archived User
Xbox Nickname
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 03:24:00 AM »

wink.gif

iammnm

• Archived User
Xbox Nickname
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »

xtoolbox best easiest way ever to change your xbizzle nizzle