xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Disk Load Problem  (Read 162 times)

shakes

• Archived User
Disk Load Problem
« on: September 03, 2006, 07:37:00 PM »

Hey I just got UIX installed and it works fine except for the fact that when you boot the system and you have a disk in the drive that is not a game or a audio disk it says "it can not recognize the disk blah blah blah remove disk to continue" dialogue.  How would I go about making the xbox recognize it or not load it at all?  

I have already gone into dash configuration and set auto launch to false.  I also have the newest UIX version installed with the UXE complete xploit.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanx

vinney

• Archived User
Disk Load Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 09:01:00 AM »

What dvd drive do you have? you may check what kind of media it may read. So far this doesn't sound like a uix problem, but more a media problem, what kind of disks are you putting in the drive? (cd-r, cd-rw, dvd-r, dvd+r, ect.) because some drives read cd-rw but some read dvd-r better, it all depends on what drive you're using. Also, how are you burning the discs (assuming thats what discs you are trying to load) make sure you follow This Tutorial when burning xbox discs...

-Vinney

shakes

• Archived User
Disk Load Problem
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

Ya I was never trying to burn an Xbox disk the disks i have in the drive when I boot up the system are normal data burned DVD-R disks with .avi's on them.  I know that it isn't a disk drive problem cause the system will play them in XBMC and I get the same problem on my v1.6 xbox as my v1.0.  

So I know that somewere in the programming of UXE or UIX its telling the system to load it, are they programmed to automatically load disks like this or is this only happening in my situation?

Little-G

• Archived User
Disk Load Problem
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »

search the forum their is a guide to have a dialog that says disk not recognised do you want to launch xbmc? yes/no or something to that effect and obviously then launches xbmc.