xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Changing From Uix?  (Read 186 times)

OZZIE86_UK

• Archived User
Changing From Uix?
« on: July 07, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »

One of my friends has a softmodded xbox with his default dash as UIX

He has now decided he wants to format his xbox (which I know doesn't have to be done, but it's his xbox) and change to EvoX or Unleash X as his Default dash as he has used the same dashboard for years now and wants a change.

We have now tried both my Slayers Auto Installer and Auto Installer Deluxe disks, but his xbox keeps giving us the this disk cannot be recognised message. Both of these disks work fine on my modded xbox which runs EvoX as the default dash.

Is there any other way of changing from UIX as the only way I know really is using either of the above disks?

Please Help

Thanks

Evox117

• Archived User
Changing From Uix?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

You dont format the entire xbox to change the dashboard. Simply go to where the dashboard files are located...then Simply move them to there own folder..intact to the apps folder. For example in E:/apps you should have this

E:/apps

E:/apps/UIX

inside the uix folder have

E:/apps/UIX/User.Interface.X.Dash

and the .xbe right beside it. Then just put the dash you want in the exact same spot that UIX was in. Then just rename the .xbe to w/e your softmod boots and then just reboot and it should work.

OZZIE86_UK

• Archived User
Changing From Uix?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 05:23:00 PM »

Thanks for the Help

I know you don't need to format the hard drive but my friend says he wants to because he has things on it he can't get rid of any other way ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) ? )

But I'll give it a try but could u confirm that after changing my dash would the slayers and auto installer disks work??

Thanks again

Evox117

• Archived User
Changing From Uix?
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »

I wouldnt reccommend formatting anything if its a softmod. Never use slayers with a softmod. Unless you are installing apps from it. Using it for formatting and installing purposes might and could lead to disaster. What does he mean he cant delete em any other way? What files is he trying to delete? Is he using different methods to delete the files?

OZZIE86_UK

• Archived User
Changing From Uix?
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »

I really couldn't tell you what he's talking about!

I can't make him understand that he has no need to format it!

Could I use Auto Installer Deluxe V3.0 after changing dashboards?

thanks

gasclown

• Archived User
Changing From Uix?
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »

i found this curious limitation of fatx just recently...

if you have a file named with a space at the beginning of it. it wont delete with most xbox filemanagers or through ftp. the solution i found to delete this file was to rename it with first boxplorer (only boxplorer seemed to work, and beleive me i tried every other way first). not sure if this is why yr friend thinks he needs to format but it may help. and as stated you would really want to know your shit if formatting a softmodded box. i smell another modchip sale courtesy of mates format  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

Evox117

• Archived User
Changing From Uix?
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(gasclown @ Jul 7 2006, 08:55 PM) *

i found this curious limitation of fatx just recently...

if you have a file named with a space at the beginning of it. it wont delete with most xbox filemanagers or through ftp. the solution i found to delete this file was to rename it with first boxplorer (only boxplorer seemed to work, and beleive me i tried every other way first). not sure if this is why yr friend thinks he needs to format but it may help. and as stated you would really want to know your shit if formatting a softmodded box. i smell another modchip sale courtesy of mates format  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

Some good information with a hint of pwnage?