xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem Installing  (Read 99 times)

SxSpartan

• Archived User
Problem Installing
« on: December 03, 2005, 08:46:00 AM »

Ok. I have UIX in my C:/ drive, next to all of the original xbox files. However, I have evox installed there as well. I tried renaming UIX.xbe evoxdash.xbe. I tried making it an app. Doesnt show up w/ evox. Im using a Xenium modchip. How do I get this to wrk? Do I need to put Evox somewhere else? And everytime I try to launch the XBE in dvd2xbox it returns me to Evox. Please...HEEEELLLPPP!!!!!

ShadowElitePro

• Archived User
Problem Installing
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 08:48:00 AM »

Ok you want evox? Ok you got to edit your bios so u can select what dash you want first.

SxSpartan

• Archived User
Problem Installing
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 08:50:00 AM »

Well...how?
Or Should I just delete Evox alltogether

This post has been edited by SxSpartan: Dec 3 2005, 04:51 PM

SxSpartan

• Archived User
Problem Installing
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »

What bios should I use in the first place? (Yes I know where to get them)
No, I dont need Evox. I just got rid of Evox, and put UIX.xbe, and universal.x.dash in the C:/ drive. Now what? Launch original Xbox dash? Or get another bios, if so which one???

This post has been edited by SxSpartan: Dec 3 2005, 05:19 PM

Speil

• Archived User
Problem Installing
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »

rename the .xbe to something your bios can boot. Then make sure its the NEW xbe. Then check to see if you have audio and fonts in the user.interface.x. folder. Then reboot and wait for the dash to pop up.

Odb718

• Archived User
Problem Installing
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »

make sure you have the audio and fonts installed, and if you need the updated xbx get it.
install it to E:/ or where ever evox is listing all of your apps from and load uix as an app first. once you get it running use boxplorer to copy the files to C. Evox might no be detecting uix if you dont have it named default.xbe so try it that way.
You should try switching to a different dash unless you get it running as an app first.