xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbe Shortcut Maker And Xbx Icons  (Read 130 times)

mbay

• Archived User
Xbe Shortcut Maker And Xbx Icons
« on: October 03, 2005, 11:55:00 PM »

Hello Everyone!

Once you attached an xbx icon using xbe shortcut maker, where does the xbx icon go? In the UDATA folder, and if so, how do I know which folder belongs to which application?

Thanks in advance!

JbOnE

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 08:58:00 AM »

after choosing a new image xbx for the shortcut, the image is embedded in the shortcut .xbe. using any other dash that's probably the end of it - using uix, when used in a menu, that image is then 'copied' to the dir in udata that matches whatever title id you gave it. this is why i made titleid user definable as you wouldn't want the shirtcut and actual xbe sharing the same title id in uix because uix generates title data and stores it in the titles save dir. if they both have same titleid one will overwrite the other.

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

Hello JbOnE!

Thanks for replying.

I saw the title id tag - which is great by the way! - and I left it the value it was, and since the name was not the same I suppose it won't overwrite one or the other, correct? So I created a shortcut and attempted to view it with UIX and UX but  it seems I have failed somewhere. It always shows the "Default Title Image".

Once the xbx icon is created from elsewhere, I then choose "Custom Title Image". At this point i am able to choose an xbx icon. Afterwards I put the title as, let's say, "UIX", and then I leave the "Title ID" as "FEFEFEFE". I fix the path and then hit "Create Shortcut". The shortcut itself works fine, but it's just the image itself.

Any suggestions what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »

Hello everyone!

I figured out (I think) why the shortcut icon was not working the first time around. Last nite I was going through the save manager and deleted some saves that I didn't need. One of them happened to be for the "Xdsl" - i suppose it was put there by default, I'm not too sure. But once I deleted it and refreshed the app list, then there the new icon was displayed. So it seems that it may be a "cache" issue. I will have to test this with another example to be sure. Hope this helps others as well.