xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Hey Look There's News ! O_o !  (Read 2013 times)

Zer04evr

• Archived User
Hey Look There's News ! O_o !
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

hf13207

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »

This will be a freaking god send  :D , thank you very much for this :luv:
Now tell me i am not dreaming  :blink:

This post has been edited by hf13207: Jul 11 2005, 05:55 PM

draken333

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »

Ok, sorry for my ignorence. Im trying to figure out exactly how the new UIX 2.0 will work. I notice that it wont use FTP anymore, so this will still connect via the lan port, just a differnt transfer type i assume and will we see speeds increase over 10mb/sec? I see how it says xbmc will only take 13 secs to load. I transfer onto the xbox all day, but usually have them all turned into iso's and then i use quix/avaluanch to load the files. SO when i load xbmc as an iso is transfers in about 13 secs as well. I noticed someone said in this forum that it will be like on the PC where you can just drag and drop files and they transfer that fast, is this correct? Also what is an xbox neighborhood, where do i get it, is it open to the public for download?

So lets say i transfer a 700mb divx movie which takes me about 2 mins to load. Will this load faster on Uix 2.0? Or is this only going to be good with apps that have multiple files, like xbmc?

Eyedea

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(draken333 @ Jul 11 2005, 01:27 PM)
Also what is an xbox neighborhood, where do i get it, is it open to the public for download?

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe the Xbox Neighborhood is a Windows shell extension made available only through the Xbox XDK kit.  Basically you need to have the Xbox XDK.

HomicidalMo0se

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Zer04evr @ Jul 11 2005, 06:02 PM)
no beta testers needed but soon enough buddy soon enough biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

thesman

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

I can see alot of Mac users or even unix users jumping around...

As to the speed, we all know what FTP boost mode can do in some ftpd implementations we've seen.

The overhead itself is not in filesize, but rather in the amount of tiny files any OS has to open, read&write, close to transfer them, and about that... theres not much anyone can do.

Zer04evr

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »

but the beauty of this is that it doesnt use ftp it uses the xbox neighborhood as the file sender

if you have used the xbox neighborhood with the xdk you would know the speed it goes

its something above the ftp speed its just flawless

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2005, 03:09:00 PM »

But lets say that I can't get or can't find Xbox Neighborhood, will I still be able to use FTP?

JbOnE

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »

what if i get on a train in boston going west at 44 miles and hour, and someone else gets on a train in san francisco going east at 65 miles an hour, and i have uix and a winxp box, and they have the xdk and a linux box, will i need to use the flux capacitor to enable the space time continuuim for this to work ??? holy what ifs batman - let's just say you won't need ftp anymore. and you won't need the xdk. as stated in the news post - the xdk shell ext was just an example of what is possible now. y'all needa stop with the 6 billion what if's and how's and wait till you have something in front of you to actually try out - then come up with a question based on that experience. all your accomplishing now is being a monday morning quarterback on sunday morning. have a little more faith and a little less questions :)

This post has been edited by JbOnE: Jul 11 2005, 11:22 PM

BlackWraith

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »

Holy Crap! you guys just don't even know.  Patience is a virtue, luckily it won't be too much longer

Zer04evr

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »

wink.gif

Voodoo Child

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2005, 07:59:00 PM »

sad.gif

HomicidalMo0se

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »

commence the crying.

Zer04evr

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »

hehe in time guys in time

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »

....As anyone who knows me will tell you, I have NEVER been a fan of FTP, and the fact that the scene is dependant on a 20 year old protocol annoyed me to no end.

Well I dare say thats because its a standard that works on all operating systems.  As long as the new way is fully compatible with Windows,Mac and Linux I guess it will be OK
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11