xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Uix Cant See F:drive  (Read 308 times)

guin.ness

• Archived User
Uix Cant See F:drive
« on: March 01, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »

i did install it and runs ok!!!but seems that does not see the f: drive were all my app and games are!!!it only see     c: d: e: x: y: z:
any idea wy?how can be correct?thank you

Infamous_One

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »

UIX sees F by default , if the path on UIX are not named the same as the folders on F then it wont see anything.

and also you have to do cache reset if you dont see anything.

go inside each section , games , apps ect.

when inside you press Y and choose yes. you have to do this everytime you add something new or it will not see it.

guin.ness

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(Infamous_One @ Mar 1 2005, 08:04 PM)
UIX sees F by default , if the path on UIX are not named the same as the folders on F then it wont see anything.

and also you have to do cache reset if you dont see anything.

go inside each section , games , apps ect.

when inside you press Y and choose yes. you have to do this everytime you add something new or it will not see it.

would this apply to writing in capital letter???can you give me a xsample of a link to the F DRIVE??

JbOnE

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »

there's no need to write F in a capital or any letter for that matter in the current public release build. that build doesn't handle ':' or '\', so putting a specific partition path won't work properly and only folder names on roots will be seen.

ie:

[games]
name=Games
path=games

will look in c,e,f for a dir named games to list from. update xbe has this problem fixed and allows for use of paths such as f:\apps\dashboards etc. but for now stick with dirs on root ;)

This post has been edited by JbOnE: Mar 2 2005, 01:07 AM

guin.ness

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(JbOnE @ Mar 1 2005, 11:33 PM)
there's no need to write F in a capital or any letter for that matter in the current public release build. that build doesn't handle ':' or '\', so putting a specific partition path won't work properly and only folder names on roots will be seen.

ie:

[games]
name=Games
path=games

will look in c,e,f for a dir named games to list from. update xbe has this problem fixed and allows for use of paths such as f:\apps\dashboards etc. but for now stick with dirs on root ;)

just to make it clear and sorry if i may annoy you!!!SO if i got a Directory f:games , you are sayng that uix at moment will not see it!!

drabbit

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(guin.ness @ Mar 1 2005, 08:16 PM)
just to make it clear and sorry if i may annoy you!!!SO if i got a Directory f:games , you are sayng that uix at moment will not see it!!

Just make a directory in your f: (or c: or e:) drive named games. Put each game in a seperate directory within the games directory. UIX will find the games on any of the above mentioned drives. You will most likely have to do a refresh within the games menu by pressing on the Y button and selecting yes to the question it will ask you.

It's that simple, don't specify any drive letter, UIX will scan c:, e: and f: for the directory specified in the path of the games section!

guin.ness

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 08:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(drabbit @ Mar 2 2005, 03:57 AM)
Just make a directory in your f: (or c: or e:) drive named games. Put each game in a seperate directory within the games directory. UIX will find the games on any of the above mentioned drives. You will most likely have to do a refresh within the games menu by pressing on the Y button and selecting yes to the question it will ask you.

It's that simple, don't specify any drive letter, UIX will scan c:, e: and f: for the directory specified in the path of the games section!

i did try that many times!!!MY GAMES ARE IN F:GAMES!!inside the folder GAMES i do have atlist 30 other folders,each of them with a game!!!i do refresh by pressing Y,then select YES.but nothing appear.In file manager the F: drive does not exist.the only one there are   c:d:e:x:y:z:!!!plus i cannot ftp if uix is runing!!!i got the uix.xbe  update to work with all bios,try it ,but still having same problem!!!!

drabbit

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 09:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(guin.ness @ Mar 2 2005, 08:42 AM)
i did try that many times!!!MY GAMES ARE IN F:GAMES!!inside the folder GAMES i do have atlist 30 other folders,each of them with a game!!!i do refresh by pressing Y,then select YES.but nothing appear.In file manager the F: drive does not exist.the only one there are   c:d:e:x:y:z:!!!plus i cannot ftp if uix is runing!!!i got the uix.xbe  update to work with all bios,try it ,but still having same problem!!!!

Is the "games" folder in uppercase or lower case? It should be in lower case!

guin.ness

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 09:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(drabbit @ Mar 2 2005, 03:40 PM)
Is the "games" folder in uppercase or lower case? It should be in lower case!

is in lower case!!!i try both way ,still nothing!!!could the bios be the problem?i goT a X2 4983.06 BIOS
MY other problem is ftp to it!!!cant get too!!!

guin.ness

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(guin.ness @ Mar 2 2005, 03:49 PM)
is in lower case!!!i try both way ,still nothing!!!could the bios be the problem?i goT a X2 4983.06 BIOS
MY other problem is ftp to it!!!cant get too!!!

i sorted the ftp problem :P !!!FLASHXP display only c:d:e:x:y:z: <_< !!!!!!still dont get the f:!!!!

drabbit

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(guin.ness @ Mar 2 2005, 10:09 AM)
i sorted the ftp problem :P !!!FLASHXP display only c:d:e:x:y:z: <_< !!!!!!still dont get the f:!!!!

So the problem is not UIX... Maybe the F: is non existant? What chip are you using and what size hard drive are you using?

guin.ness

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »

my chip is X2 and my HD is 200 gb!!!!
i been playng around with different bios and this is the resoult of it:

if i use the bios that is compatible with a large HD like 200gb, ( X2 4983.06) the F: drive in the file manager is not viseble.

if i use the bios that are compatible with 137gb HD or less,( X2 4983.67 )the F:drive is viseble in the file manager,but the size of it is uncorrect and cannot see any folder inside it!!!

MISTERY!!!!! :huh:

guin.ness

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 10:08:00 AM »

anyone can help please????i do realy like the dash!!! :(

drabbit

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(guin.ness @ Mar 4 2005, 10:38 AM)
anyone can help please????i do realy like the dash!!! :(

Like I said, this seems to be chip or BIOS related, you'de be better off asking for help in the Xecutor forum for help. From what you told us, this is not dash related at all.

guin.ness

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »

ok!!!so i ask the guys that have uix working properly with a HD of around 200gb,what chip and bios version you got??thank guys!! :P