xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Uix 2  (Read 795 times)

Evox117

• Archived User
Uix 2
« on: April 15, 2006, 11:20:00 PM »

No its not out yet. It will be sooner or later. Just get out and go meet ppl or go play or something. Life doesnt revolve around Uix 2.0

Evox117

• Archived User
Uix 2
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 08:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(ballajalla @ Apr 21 2006, 05:10 AM) View Post

By the looks of it, I don't believe 2.0 will ever be released. Sad to say though......

Shut the hell up.. Do you want a good dash or not? Huh? If you do youd be smart to shut the fuck up right here and now. Im fucking tired of assholes begging for a dash that they know they cant make themselves any faster.

JbOnE

• Archived User
Uix 2
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

Like he said above - life doesn't revolve around uix 2.0 - not even mine  blink.gif
Not said above is that I just finished a complete gutting and rewrite of the code base, adding in a ton more scriptability and restructuring alot of it's original functionality (materials, fonts, etc). I have also expanded the scripting team to include those most of you know as our chan ops. Something I should have done ages ago to speed things up. Now there are multiple xip sets (skins) being worked on to be included in the 2.0 release. Yes there will be a release, and with all the abilities I have added, uix can be used not only as a dashboard - but as a scripted executable. This will allow people to create not only uber installer disks with a scope of capabilities that eclipse any other installer disk core, but also simple games and applications (as demonstrated ages ago by BobMcGee's 'MemoryX' ).
As the team works on skins I will also be working on one, as well as the tools one will need to create their own. These tools include a .net based Xbox Explorer, an updated version of WinXip, an xtf font creator, and a 3d Studio Max xip exporter that will export a scene to a xip file complete with all xms and xap file.
As far as a timeframe - soon as it's ready. Where's the rush ? If anyone is interested in helping out I could really use a hand with some things like a comprehensive chm help file covering scripting and built in objects (now that the team is working on skins  biggrin.gif ). Message me through the forum or on efnet (always idle in #uix).

pEAcE
JbOnE

Evox117

• Archived User
Uix 2
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 03:55:00 PM »

Thanks for clarifying. Ill just let all the kiddies keep complaining. Im tired of bitching back and forth.

Mr_Milenko

• TeamUIX
  • Global Moderator
Uix 2
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 02:25:00 AM »

Evox117 dude.. seriously.. take a fuckin chill pill and stop flipping out when people say "Yeah don't think its gonna be out.." dude wasn't complaining about anything, he was posting his opinion (and by the looks of it JbOnE agreed.. somewhat..) and for the rest of the people awaiting a release you got to take into consideration that its only JbOnE actually coding the XBE and the main XIP sets.. The rest of the guys are doing the minor (well some of its major..) shit.. Theres only a handfull of people besides JbOnE that are working on this dashboard.. Give it some time, all great things take a while to become great.

*Special note.. its 4 in the fuckin morning.. This may come to some as a pointless post tongue.gif*

bass4snobunees

• Archived User
Uix 2
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

Hey thanks Jbone for your post. I am not trying to rush anyone or complain, it was just something I was wondering. I am a newbie and have always used your dash, and I look forward to your dash's future. Keep up the great work, it is appreciated by many! And yeah Evox117, you need to take a breather man. My life doesn't revolve around this stuff, I was asking a legite question, which is what these forums are for. If you have a problem with people's question, don't answer them, maybe you should be the one going out and meeting people instead of getting all worked up over this. With that being said, awesome job to TeamUIX once again!

Mr_Milenko

• TeamUIX
  • Global Moderator
Uix 2
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »

Bite a big fat one Merde tongue.gif

(and get in the fuckin chatroom o.O)

Evox117

• Archived User
Uix 2
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(bass4snobunees @ Apr 24 2006, 01:17 PM) View Post

Hey thanks Jbone for your post. I am not trying to rush anyone or complain, it was just something I was wondering. I am a newbie and have always used your dash, and I look forward to your dash's future. Keep up the great work, it is appreciated by many! And yeah Evox117, you need to take a breather man. My life doesn't revolve around this stuff, I was asking a legite question, which is what these forums are for. If you have a problem with people's question, don't answer them, maybe you should be the one going out and meeting people instead of getting all worked up over this. With that being said, awesome job to TeamUIX once again!

Srry forgot to mention that my outburst wasnt intended for you. It was intended for all the ppl in other threads bitching that its not out yet. If you took it the wrong way my apologies. But Like I said...Ive waisted too much energy on this bitching. Ill just stop. And I do get out. Trust me. The local skate team has been taking up all my time for the past year. That + moving to a new house doesnt leave me with a lot of free time. But im done..bash...flame or w/e you wanna call it to me as much as you want. I dont really give a damn. Just remember that you are gonna be talking to the wind as far as im concerned.

ImOkRuOk

• Archived User
Uix 2
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 10:54:00 PM »

OMG i just exploded! acidbath is the shit!

...see you guys soon

LyfsUXKuNT

• Archived User
Uix 2
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »

hey guys, i haven't posted here in a very very long time! it's good to see UIX 2.0 is still in the works! i'm still using UIX with the info panel code that someone made a while back, i haven't changed my skin since last summer. it's probably still somewhere in the skins thread, i'll go find it.

IPB Image

YEAHHHH BOIII!

PsylentGlo

• Archived User
Uix 2
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 01:28:00 AM »

oops