xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Text Colour  (Read 275 times)

esdubu

• Archived User
Text Colour
« on: May 08, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »

I'm having trouble changing the text colour in the memory menu on uix. No matter what skin i am using it's always green. I'm talking about the game title text not the actual menu text itself.

Also in the memory menu my xbox in the middle always glows green as does the memory card icon. I've seen a blue glowing xbox in the fixed blue skin on allxboxskins. Does anyone know which file i should amend to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

gasclown

• Archived User
Text Colour
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

you cant change the text colour on memory menu but if you look in the preset.xbx you can change the values for the xbox glow and memory card icon.

the xbox mesh in memory menu is mapped with with egglowpulse and black80 (mapped differently in other menus) and for the memcard icon yr looking for the 2 values that have MU1Pod in there names.

esdubu

• Archived User
Text Colour
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 07:23:00 PM »

I can't seem to find preset.xbx anywhere. is it supposed to be in the skin folder or is it in one of the xips? Also if i use the fixed blue skin the xbox doesn't glow green. To the layman (me) it seems it must be a file in the skin that is affecting the mesh. It may be obvious that i don't have a clue what i'm doing really. Thanks by the way!

BlackWraith

• Archived User
Text Colour
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 04:24:00 AM »

Blue Skin folder

preset.xbx = blue.xbx

Green Skin folder

preset.xbx = green.xbx

so on and so on

P.S. this is the only xbx in the skin folder that you would use notepad to edit

This post has been edited by BlackWraith: May 9 2005, 11:25 AM

esdubu

• Archived User
Text Colour
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 09:36:00 AM »

Cheers buddy i'll give it a try.

esdubu

• Archived User
Text Colour
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »

Just figured it out. The memory card gets it's values from "GamePod" not "MU1Pod" I've just edited the xap's so all the "mem_unit_outers" get's their values from "MenuCell" instead so they should match whatever skin you use.

Sorry if that's confusing!