xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Add Fan Speed To Config  (Read 596 times)

midas

• Archived User
Add Fan Speed To Config
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »

The least you could do is move/rename the file.

fixxxer575

• Archived User
Add Fan Speed To Config
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »

I tried to add this code to the Commemorative Build and when I boot up all I see is the dna strings on the screen.  The fan doesn't sound any louder.  I can still ftp UIX.  Any idea what the problem could be?

kevhonda

• Archived User
Add Fan Speed To Config
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2006, 02:22:00 AM »

I tried this mod and when i transfered default.xip and uix.ini , uix was doing the screensaver thing where the orb goes to the back and the background spins.  Once i hit a button on the controller the dash froze so I rebooted and after the animation where it shows the xbox logo (right before it goes into uix) the xbox freezes.  Of course I backed up the files i modded so I booted to the chip and ftp'ed the original files back and it does the same thing. WTF, i have transfered the originals over 3 times to make sure...still locking up.   I have added the 4th tab mod and the info panel mod and the only other code editing ive done to it is un-commenting the background.xbx so the backgrounds in the skins will show up, but its worked fine for almost a year now.  

Unfortunatly its tooo late for me to troubleshoot it tonight so I posted this, If someone could help out before I ge t off work tom. and re-install UIX it would be much appreicated.. TIA

kevhonda

• Archived User
Add Fan Speed To Config
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

thanks for the help guys ...j/k really seems that at least the code portion of UIX is slow.  I wish more people would post code snippets in here, if I understood the code a little more I would myself.  Anyway I fixed my own problem for some reason transfering the backup using the xenium ftp funtion would transfer but wouldnt fix the problem.  So last night I booted from a evox bootdisk that I made a while back and transfered the backups (xips) back to the xbox when i rebooted it worked.  Im almost willing to bet that it might have worked by just booting to the cd. However,  it works now for anyone who might have this same problem.
Pages: 1 [2]