xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is Hd Toast?  (Read 115 times)

chasmosis1

• Archived User
Is Hd Toast?
« on: January 10, 2003, 04:08:00 PM »

I had a problem with the control board in my Xbox (ok I messed it up), now I have replaced the board and could not get the unit to boot. So I reformatted the harddrive with evolution X (from CDRW) in my buddies Xbox, but I cant seem to move any files to it (I'm trying to copy my buddies C & E drive over to it), FlashFXP says that it moved the files, but it doesn't show them on the HD (some files do fail to move). I imagine that this is because the HD is locked? Is there anything I can do or do I have to replace the HD with a new one (and will I even be able to use a new one without the HD key) I have looked for a HD key but it seems to have reformatted correctly and now there are no files in the folders. I have tried using my buddies HD key which lets me through HDunlock (DOS on computer), but will not let me through HDdisabl. Any suggestions? By the way old board was 1.0 new one is 1.1

This post has been edited by chasmosis1: Jan 11 2003, 12:12 AM

limbfilter

• Archived User
Is Hd Toast?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 07:25:00 PM »

I think after I read your post for the 2nd time I understand you...
You had an old board and fucked it up. You got a new board and kept the old harddrive. You now want to use this old harddrive with your new board. Your drive is locked. Every drive has a different password. If you still have your old mobo then you have a chance....if not throw away your harddrive.

chasmosis1

• Archived User
Is Hd Toast?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2003, 11:22:00 PM »

figured that out--thanx limbfilter

BadBuLL

• Archived User
Is Hd Toast?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2003, 06:48:00 AM »

so if u don't have contents of c:\backup of original HD, you can't use any other HD but the one that came with XBOX? I'd like to install dashboard again on my HD, but all I have are backup files from my friends XBOX (contents of c: and e:)