xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: OpenDash Project Still Alive *Update*  (Read 925 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
OpenDash Project Still Alive *Update*
« on: June 10, 2006, 03:55:00 PM »

OpenDash Project Still Alive *Update*-- Posted by XanTium on June 10 17:19 EST
D0wnlab/th0mas posted an update about OpenDash (an opensource dashboard currently in development for Xbox that can be build with the legal OpenXDK(info)) on th0mas.xbox-scene.com:

Just thought I'd post a little update: OpenDash is still alive! Currently we're re-engineering the code base to better support the future. Stay tuned.

*Update* with additional info posted by D0wnlab/th0mas on the forums:

I'm re-engineering the code base to better support the sharing of resources, as well as better conforming to some SDL issues that I wasn't fully aware of when I originally wrote the last generation of the OpenDash code. The new code base will make it very simple to expand the dash to support other symmetric tasks such as an FTP server, etc. (once OpenXDK has networking support), and should also finally alleviate problems with USB handling.

In terms of progress, about 3000 of the 5700 lines of code have been converted to the new code base, pretty much all done today - so obviously I don't have to rewrite all that much code thankfully.

Official Site: http://th0mas.xbox-scene.com

d0wnlab

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

i can provide a bit more information at this point, since I've progressed substantially since writing that post a couple hours ago smile.gif.

I'm re-engineering the code base to better support the sharing of resources, as well as better conforming to some SDL issues that I wasn't fully aware of when I originally wrote the last generation of the OpenDash code.  The new code base will make it very simple to expand the dash to support other symmetric tasks such as an FTP server, etc. (once OpenXDK has networking support), and should also finally alleviate problems with USB handling.

In terms of progress, about 3000 of the 5700 lines of code have been converted to the new code base, pretty much all done today - so obviously I don't have to rewrite all that much code thankfully smile.gif

Tom

deadlokIV

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

I can't wait for opendash to progress.
I have been awaiting this post for so long  wink.gif

I wonder if this code can be compiled with Dev c++... rather than make tools in linux.
Nevertheless, im glad OpenXDK is getting put to more good use.
Has development on OpenXDK quietened down recently?
-ronnel