xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Openskin  (Read 958 times)

d0wnlab

• Archived User
Openskin
« on: October 16, 2005, 09:26:00 AM »

That would be sweet.

The only thing to make sure is that it is easily extensible.  For example, right now, there is dialogs for messages and for questions, that involve a background, title text, message text.  I have implemented but not added to the document additional dialog for a progress bar that include a background, title text, message text, progress bar graphic, percent text.  You'll want adding things like that to be simple as pie as things are still progressing quickly with the dash.

In either case, that sounds awesome! smile.gif

Tom

Lattyware

• Archived User
Openskin
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 10:35:00 AM »

Ok, here is a pre-alpha release to keep you updated, and feedback on the UI would be nice. Read the readme for more.

OpenSkin 0.5 Pre-Alpha

d0wnlab

• Archived User
Openskin
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 11:01:00 AM »

Sweet!  

Looks like a good start.  I'd suggest instead of the large text boxes explaining how to do things, put that in tooltips or a closeable help section, and have, for example in the resources section, a display of the resource in a box.  You probably have that idea already.

I suppose you'd get a quick boost if you were to have my data structures for the skin-related stuff.  I can provide you the classes, but they're c++ and need to have an environment where you can use libxml2, and templates.  Would those help you at all?

Lattyware

• Archived User
Openskin
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »

I'm sorry, but I'm a bit delayed, Sisters Birthday tongue.gif.

I'll hopefully get somthing up soon.

d0wnlab

• Archived User
Openskin
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 11:48:00 AM »

Take your time.  The dash isn't even out yet smile.gif

Lattyware

• Archived User
Openskin
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

Ok, after a lot of work (Blitz dosn't have Tooltip support as standard) I have got tooltips working, and I'm now working on the main part.