OG Xbox Forums > MXM WIP Beta forum

Open Source?

(1/1)

pelago:
To BJ: what are your thoughts on making MXM open source (hosted on sourceforge or similar)?

This has probably been discussed before, although I couldn't find it. There have been plenty of threads asking when the next version is out, and I know you're working on important behind the scenes features. (By the way. I apologise that although I'm a WIP tester I have given very little input). But I've seen many closed source projects die because the maintainer had no time to maintain it, and I worry MXM is going down that route.

Open source seems to have helped XBMP/XBMC, and even Surreal 64 has got a boost.  

chilin_dude:
:huh: It is allready totally open source... It's distributed with the binary I believe.

And it isn't dieing, the last 12 months have seen great additions to the WIP binaries  :)  

geniusalz:
It is open source.

However, there's no CVS tree, and source is released with a public release, so that's why WIP source is not out.  

pelago:
Ok, I'm a fool!

Sourceforge-style CVS open source was what I really had in mind, where it would be easy for people to contribute and collaborate, and people could compile CVS binaries and so on. But never mind.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version