xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Open Source?  (Read 683 times)

pelago

• Recovered User
Open Source?
« on: October 26, 2004, 07:38:00 AM »

To BJ: what are your thoughts on making MXM open source (hosted on sourceforge or similar)?

This has probably been discussed before, although I couldn't find it. There have been plenty of threads asking when the next version is out, and I know you're working on important behind the scenes features. (By the way. I apologise that although I'm a WIP tester I have given very little input). But I've seen many closed source projects die because the maintainer had no time to maintain it, and I worry MXM is going down that route.

Open source seems to have helped XBMP/XBMC, and even Surreal 64 has got a boost.  <

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Open Source?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 07:51:00 AM »

:huh: It is allready totally open source... It's distributed with the binary I believe.

And it isn't dieing, the last 12 months have seen great additions to the WIP binaries  :)   <

geniusalz

• Archived User
Open Source?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »

It is open source.

However, there's no CVS tree, and source is released with a public release, so that's why WIP source is not out.  <

pelago

• Recovered User
Open Source?
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »

Ok, I'm a fool!

Sourceforge-style CVS open source was what I really had in mind, where it would be easy for people to contribute and collaborate, and people could compile CVS binaries and so on. But never mind.  <