OG Xbox Forums > MXM WIP Beta forum

Wip Stability/functional Test Script...

(1/1)

SumDumGuy3:
Hi All,

Ok, BenJeremy has done and continues to do soooooo much for us all. As WIP testers, we should obviously be helping to test WIP releases for problems and reporting them back to BJ. This helps him identify problems and resolve them and it also helps us have better WIP releases quicker. While we all probably prefer to work on cool scripts that do fun stuff and that push certain functional limits, we still have an obligation to help him test the fuller range of functionality to ensure that everything is working and stable.

Now with all of that said. I don't have time to sit around writing various practical user scripts to allow retesting all of the functionality of MXM for every release. However, I can set aside some time to write a script whose only practical value lies specifically in testing the functionality of MXM. What the heck am I getting at? Well, as the subject line implied I am willing to start writing some test scripts to allow BJ to run on potential WIP releases and see (how many/which) of the more common functions work as expected, without having to wait for us to test them and report back. Of course that does not mean that there would be nothing for us to do... There are a lot of functions that are just not accurately testable via test scripts.

Anyway, so that is what I am going to do. I will probably start with the mathmatical functions, since that is an easy one to do and one that I have run into a few problems with. All I expect to do is write a script that executes all documented mathmatical functions and verify the results against what is known to be correct. If the correct information is returned then record in a log and/or on the screen that the function works as expected. If it fails then it will report via log/screen that the particular function failed and what the expected and returned results were.

As there are a lot of functions available to test any help would be appreciated. Also any suggestions on a common, results logging script would be great. Further it would probably be good to come up with a short pretest test. to ensure functions, statements so fourth that the test scritps will use work as expected. So I am going to start working on all of this. I will post it as I have time to write it.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
SDG  

BenJeremy:
Test scripts would be great.... I look forward to see what you guys come up with (there are a couple floating around, but ones designed as a "Stress test" of all of the functionality, as well as correctness would be very valuable)  

flattspott:

I'm thinking a debug xml of sorts would be idea  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version