xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Search For Xbeid  (Read 157 times)

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Search For Xbeid
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2003, 11:06:00 PM »

oh yea.. i highly recommend you finish yours.  I dont ever mean to "squelch" anyone by doing a script and the ones i do are by no means the best ... which is why is was excited to see kthulu make up a better text editing script.

im doing them to learn too... i would rather they help someone along to get a better understanding of actionscripting... than to be used as the answer.   Either way is a win for the person that wanted it... and gives me a little more experience doing different things.

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Search For Xbeid
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2003, 12:58:00 AM »

Yea, I know you don't mean to "squelch" (wtf?, lol), I was just saying.  On a side note, mine freezes MXM me thinks, to test this I've added output so I know if it's searching or it just actually froze.  Another side note (or more accuratly a question), do you know if I can use two wild cards in the search?  Something like *App*, so it only bothers to look in directory's containing the letters 'app' in them.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Search For Xbeid
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2003, 07:47:00 AM »

no i dotn think you can..but i could be wrong.

You could use a if  "%s_name%" #^ "app" GOTO APPSDIRFOUND though.    So if a dir contains app it will search it, otherwise it will skip it.

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Search For Xbeid
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2003, 08:06:00 AM »

That's the good thing about action scripting, if there isn't a means of doing one thing directly, there's always a work around (I think the more advanced languages do this type of shit for you automatically).

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Search For Xbeid
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2003, 09:47:00 AM »

Ok, I tested your script and it Doesn't seem to delete and launch, though it does read the cache menu rather nicely.  And, and update on mine - It always freezes MXM, but I think I know the problem.
Pages: 1 [2]