xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error 13 - Not Able To Start My Soft Moded Xbox...  (Read 1116 times)

rmeze

• Archived User
Error 13 - Not Able To Start My Soft Moded Xbox...
« on: February 03, 2020, 07:35:00 AM »

Hi, yesterday I update XBMC to the new June 2008 version. I follow the instruction to startup my Xbox directly in XBMC. So I replace the .XBE & .CFG file with the one that XBMC provide, I did a backup of the original file. I restart my Xbox and now i got an error 13 and I'm not able anymore to start my Xbox.

I use my 007 game to start my Xbox with MXM. Thats work, but I'm not able to set the network to use DHCP option, so I'm not able to log to my Xbox with FTP client to put back my backup file.

I also try to burn Frostys Rescue disk on a DVD, but the Xbox do not start with that DVD. I burn the DVD with my MAC, maybe it's the problem? That software is suposed to let me start up my Xbox from the DVD and start the FTP in DHCP mode....

Did someone know how to fix my problem. I'm new at Xbox thing... so I need detailled instruction.

Tx for your help!

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 08:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(rmeze @ Jun 3 2008, 10:35 PM) View Post

Hi, yesterday I update XBMC to the new June 2008 version. I follow the instruction to startup my Xbox directly in XBMC. So I replace the .XBE & .CFG file with the one that XBMC provide, I did a backup of the original file. I restart my Xbox and now i got an error 13 and I'm not able anymore to start my Xbox.

I use my 007 game to start my Xbox with MXM. Thats work, but I'm not able to set the network to use DHCP option, so I'm not able to log to my Xbox with FTP client to put back my backup file.

I also try to burn Frostys Rescue disk on a DVD, but the Xbox do not start with that DVD. I burn the DVD with my MAC, maybe it's the problem? That software is suposed to let me start up my Xbox from the DVD and start the FTP in DHCP mode....

Did someone know how to fix my problem. I'm new at Xbox thing... so I need detailled instruction.

Tx for your help!

You must be using ltools softmod? Try eject button to boot with empty dvd tray and see if rescue mode is enabled and if you can change network settings.

Otherwise try this:
What IP address is configured in MXM? Get a crossover Ethernet cable, connect direct to PC and configure PC IP address to the same subnet. For example if Xbox IP is 192.168.0.3, PC IP should be 192.168.0.2.

Most softmods use xboxdash.xbe to launch the font exploit so don't rename the xbe. You might want to upgrade to Krayzie's Ndure which comes with shadow C protection to avoid such problems.

rmeze

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 09:39:00 AM »

Tx a lot, I'll try this to nignt... if any other suggestion every body, don not hesitate!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jun 3 2008, 10:49 AM) *

You must be using ltools softmod? Try eject button to boot with empty dvd tray and see if rescue mode is enabled and if you can change network settings.

Otherwise try this:
What IP address is configured in MXM? Get a crossover Ethernet cable, connect direct to PC and configure PC IP address to the same subnet. For example if Xbox IP is 192.168.0.3, PC IP should be 192.168.0.2.

Most softmods use xboxdash.xbe to launch the font exploit so don't rename the xbe. You might want to upgrade to Krayzie's Ndure which comes with shadow C protection to avoid such problems.

rmeze

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 10:46:00 AM »

By the way, Yes I,m using Itools!!!

Tx!

smile.gif

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jun 3 2008, 10:49 AM) View Post

Otherwise try this:

rmeze

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 07:31:00 AM »

The update.

Ok, the FTP thing don't work, now my Itools start in safe mode and only work in I disconnect the network. sad.gif So I re install the soft mod and Evox dasboard From Itools and 007 game. The problem, I don't know which version of Xbox I have, It's a used one a buy from my friend and the Info in Itools do not specified... So I try to choose the good option... but It seem that I choose something wrong, because when I restart my Xbox, I don't have the error message anymore, but my screen is all scramble. Arrrghhh! I choose the option for Xbox Region 1 and NTSC only... Maybe it's that. The other option I remember that I choose is the on that is not for Xbox version 1.6... Anyway, if you have any ideas.... I'll try different settings tonight!

Tx!

QUOTE(rmeze @ Jun 3 2008, 01:22 PM) View Post

By the way, Yes I,m using Itools!!!
Tx!

smile.gif

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 07:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(rmeze @ Jun 4 2008, 10:07 PM) View Post

Anyway, if you have any ideas.... I'll try different settings tonight!

I'm not familiar enough with ltools to tell you which settings to try. Ltools is really old, a more modern softmod will be Krayzie Ndure. If your evox is working and your display is scrambled, you should be able to ftp right?
1. See if you can locate the eeprom.bin backup and ftp it to your PC for safe keeping.
2. You can upgrade to Krayzie's Ndure if you can get a dvd working. Try to use dvd-r instead of dvd+r and burn at low speed. CASH 1.1 would have Krayzie's Ndure on it.

3. Alternatively with ftp access (through evox or through Frosty's rescue disc assuming dvd-r working well), you can get Kingroach Ndure 3.1 for PC which creates 2 folders: C and E.
4. Backup C and E drives from xbox then delete away C drive contents from xbox.
5. Ftp Ndure C folder contents over to C drive. Make sure ernie.xtf comes in before xbox.xtf
6. Ftp Ndure E folder contents to E drive.
7. Only do steps 4-6 if you have eeprom.bin backup.

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 05:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(rmeze @ Jun 5 2008, 03:22 AM) View Post

So, If I understand well, If I'm able to start Xbox from Cash 1.1 DVD-R, I'll be able to:

1- Directly from my Xbox, change my Softmod to Krayzie's Ndure 1.1.1
2- Install Dashboard (Any) (Do we really need to install 2, Like Evox & XBMC)

At least these 2, the rest I haven't tried before. Good luck!

rmeze

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »

Since I Update and Fix my Xbox, the FTP speed to upload file on the Xbox is so slow, 100+- kb/sec instead of 8+- MB/sec. I try many different setting in my network control panel. I change my RJ45 Cable.... Tri with Evox and XBMC.... what is the problems?

Tx for helping me!

smile.gif

QUOTE(rmeze @ Jun 6 2008, 11:31 AM) View Post

WOW! So easy to use, totally wipe my Xbox HD, Install the Krazie's softmode and now XBMC is my startup dashboard!!! All this in less then 30 minutes (exclude de backup thing)!!!

Tx a lot!!!!
smile.gif

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(rmeze @ Jun 17 2008, 02:35 AM) View Post

Since I Update and Fix my Xbox, the FTP speed to upload file on the Xbox is so slow, 100+- kb/sec instead of 8+- MB/sec. I try many different setting in my network control panel. I change my RJ45 Cable.... Tri with Evox and XBMC.... what is the problems?

Ask here instead: http://forums.xbox-s...hp?showforum=41 since this is networked related.

rmeze

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »

Yes I know, but I was hopping you can help me, because you know all my problems... now I have to re-explain every thing in that section.

I read a lot on that problem, seem that a lot of people have problems like this and look like nobody have the ultimate right answer... seem to be a real strange and unstable problem! Like same person use the same setting with two Xbox and have different results....

First time I update my XBMC, it was very slow, then after the update, wow, super fast speed, and then after I did the modification you suggest me to do, came back to very slow speed? Very strange! Now everything except FTP speed work better... sad.gif

Tx anyway!

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jun 17 2008, 11:32 AM) View Post

Ask here instead: http://forums.xbox-s...hp?showforum=41 since this is networked related.