xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help With Music  (Read 195 times)

Exekile

• Archived User
Need Help With Music
« on: April 24, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »

Hello,
I am sorry to ask such a dumb question, But I can't get any music to play in the MxM, when I start mxm no music starts.

Here is my MXM file:

<Config>
<Main>
<DiscTitle>Media X Menu</DiscTitle>
<DiscSubtitle> </DiscSubtitle>
<SkinsPath>F:\MXMSkins</SkinsPath>
<Music>
<UseMusic>True</UseMusic>
<Directory>F:/Playlists</Directory>
<Background>F:/Playlists/Dream.wma</Background>
<Global>False</Global>
<Random>True</Random>
</Music>
</Main>
</Config>

I added the background thing just to try if it would work, but nope.

Please help

SuperSayinYoshi

• Archived User
Need Help With Music
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 01:28:00 AM »

1st things 1st. Do you have music on your M$ dashboard? You know, in the memory part?
  Anyways, if you DO (and Im assuming that you ya do!!) press the "Y" button, then go down the the "Configure" selection. Pres the "A" button to go into it. Once there, go down to the "Music&Sound" selection and press the "A" button. Once you have done this, Make sure The settings are as followed::
   Enable Music             Yes
   Music During Video    Yes
   Random Music           Yes
   Global Music              Yes
   Preview Audio            No    (you can say yes if you want, I think its not needed)
   Menu Sounds             Skin Defined
   Music Volume            10     (You can change this too, I like it loud...lol)

Once you have done all of this, go ahead and press the "B" button twice and select "Reset Menu Cache" selection, then hit reboot (right under reset menu cache).  Once it loads, it should have music!!!! If it dosent, then you will have to check out your music folder and see if its still there....Id use XBOXST just cus its so much easier. Good luck, hope this helped you!!!!