xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mxm Autolauncher?  (Read 69 times)

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Mxm Autolauncher?
« on: March 04, 2004, 07:45:00 AM »

wink.gif  beerchug.gif

fireflier

• Archived User
Mxm Autolauncher?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

Go into C: and delete your other dashes, saying that then take the mxm default xbe  and rename it evoxdash.xbe....now you have removed all your other dashes and have one primary dash...just dont forget to set up your mxm.xml so that you can ftp again.

Someone clear this thought for me please.....does Evox have to be installed prior to installing another dash? to give ftp capability.

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Mxm Autolauncher?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (fireflier @ Mar 4 2004, 09:46 AM)
Go into C: and delete your other dashes, saying that then take the mxm default xbe  and rename it evoxdash.xbe....now you have removed all your other dashes and have one primary dash...just dont forget to set up your mxm.xml so that you can ftp again.

Someone clear this thought for me please.....does Evox have to be installed prior to installing another dash? to give ftp capability.

huh.gif  blink.gif Huh???

steve1980 wasn't asking how to install mxm, he was asking if theres a pure MXM autoinstaller available yet.

And to answer the other part of the question. Yes, MXM can prep/format a fresh new drive and install all the necessary files, apps, and whatnot from a disk without the need of any other dashes.

Edit: and yes MXM will also have full FTP capabilities without the installation of EvoX

fireflier

• Archived User
Mxm Autolauncher?
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (-FourDoor- @ Mar 4 2004, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE (fireflier @ Mar 4 2004, 09:46 AM)
Go into C: and delete your other dashes, saying that then take the mxm default xbe  and rename it evoxdash.xbe....now you have removed all your other dashes and have one primary dash...just dont forget to set up your mxm.xml so that you can ftp again.

huh.gif  blink.gif Huh???

steve1980 wasn't asking how to install mxm, he was asking if theres a pure MXM autoinstaller available yet.

And to answer the other part of the question. Yes, MXM can prep/format a fresh new drive and install all the necessary files, apps, and whatnot from a disk without the need of any other dashes.

Edit: and yes MXM will also have full FTP capabilities without the installation of EvoX

Fourdoor, thx for reply. I realize that he was asking for a stand alone installer, but from the gist of the post he was also looking to have a single dash on C:

I didn't know if he knew how to do this, so I passed along the knowledge I have garnered from this very intuitive forum from people like yourself.  Anyway, better to overthink than not think at all.....
Again thx for reply, I have learned something new and useful from this forum once again.

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Mxm Autolauncher?
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 11:22:00 AM »

laugh.gif face... Sorry if I came of brash. Anyways, thanks for contributing as I hope someone will maybe search this thread one day and find out that they can install MXM as a sole dash on their xbox.

fireflier

• Archived User
Mxm Autolauncher?
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »

beerchug.gif