xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Incompatability With Real Arcade Controller.  (Read 104 times)

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Incompatability With Real Arcade Controller.
« on: February 26, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

I've read over the emulators forum that the real arcade controller is only analog and lots of others have had problems getting it to work with with the emus that use the dpad. In all honesty, if you spent $50 for that controller, spend an extra $10 to get the pelican universal controller...

Sarvatt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 08:03:00 PM »

biggrin.gif I didn't see any posts about using it in the emulation section, but I will try a different search and see what it comes up with. It's definately d-pad only though and not analog, and it works great in every emulator I've tried. I just have to unplug it in order to use the MXM dash, which is why I was posting that question here biggrin.gif

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

blink.gif

BTW, how do you like the pelican universal controller? Any delays? Hows the buttons and joystick feel? My friends and I started to notice the slight lag with the xarcade controllers after playing it over a weekend and am thinking of returning it now...  dry.gif

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »

i don't have this model, but i'm going to take a few pop-shots at this...

if possible have you disabled the extra features of the stick...like disable rumble, mem card slots etc...? (i am referring to any settings/switches you can toggle on the stick itself)

also, from your post, it sounds like you are booting MXM and then plugging the stick in.  try plugging the stick in first and then turning your xbox on...

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »

Basically all it is missing are the two thumbsticks. I was thinking that it might have something to do with the thumbsticks missing

i don't think that's the problem either.  i have a redoctane impact-v arcade stick (xbox) and it works fine.  it doesn't have thumbsticks either.  so it sounds like MXM just doesn't like the hardware in those pelicans.  it will prolly be kinda hard for BJ to fix too, unless he can get his hands on one to debug...

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »

actually, i have some promising news for you now...

it occurred to me that maybe my stick works fine because i'm using a WIP binary and BJ overhauled the input routines.  so i switched to the last public relase of MXM 9n6 and plugged my stick in.  while it does not 'freeze' my box up, it does not respond to any input from any controller while the thing is plugged in.

so, it will prolly work for you on the next public release.

Sarvatt

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

Sweet! That sounds exactly like what's happening with this. I appreciate the help!