xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 3 Questions...  (Read 59 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
3 Questions...
« on: August 06, 2003, 04:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (chief @ Aug 6 2003, 08:34 PM)
ok, i'm a recent convert from evox and i have a few questions...

1) can i change the title and subtitles of the games without going into the menu.xml or cach_menu.xml and editing them manually? i used to change the default.xbe names with 'xbe renamer' but for some reason, the names that i had set on the default.xbe files are not all the same in the mxm game list...

2) i have set up my menu.xml to autoadd games from 2 directories (egames and fgames) is there a way to sort the entire list alphebetically (other than manually)? i can only get it to sort the fgames and then the egames after that...

3)using the autoadd feature, i have several strange folders showing up in the game list.... tao feng, house of the dead, and a couple of other games show up in the list, but they also have another folder or something after them (for the same game) what is the deal with that? its kind of a pain to edit the cache_menu.xml to remove them all...

thanks a lot and great dashboard btw biggrin.gif

-chief

1) You can use MXM_Entry.xml files inthe game directories to override the automatic stuff.

Hang in there, though... I'm working on something to give you more control.

2) In the SubMenu node, set the <SortField>Title</SortField> tag.... not within the <Item>/AutoDir nodes. SortField cascades through all submenus until it reached an <EndSort>, andother node with <SortField> tags, or the end of the menus.

3) That's because developers have used the same XBE ID value in those additional files (the extra HoD3 file is, for example, HoD2) I'm working on something to overcome that, as well.

chief

• Archived User
3 Questions...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 05:00:00 PM »

smile.gif best one hands down