xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Finally, The Correct Place For My Mod!  (Read 1386 times)

the_Watchers_eye

• Archived User
Finally, The Correct Place For My Mod!
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2002, 12:07:00 PM »

hey ace25 was wondering what did you use to cut those slits in the top of the case?

Nice mod, would look cool to have it, any ideas on changing the front green light where you press the button to eject the dvd tray?

Ace25

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2002, 02:19:00 PM »

I used this.. I have not changed out the front LED yet, I looked at it briefly when installing the power button mod, but did not see an easy way to get to the LED. Obviosly there is a way, probably easy, I just did not see it when I looked. I never got into the LED phase.. I started directly with the cold cathodes.. I like them better.. the LEDs are just to intense sometimes.. I know you can get dimmer ones, but it is still one point of light. Never interested me personally.. oh well.. have fun, hopefully someone else can answer how to replace the eject LED, or just take off the plate the hides it, after that, installing should be easy.
user posted image

rooicity

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2002, 02:41:00 PM »

I removed the jewel from my xbox so i can look inside it when the cover is on it but if i hadn't see your pictures ace25 i would never guessed that it would be possible to put a Cold Cathode in the small space between the cover and HD/DVD ...

Thinking about LED's now because i am not really interested in making holes in my cover so the CCL would not come to it's full potential with only the jewel to shine through ...

About switching the LED's on the front ...

Chuckles & TheBoz MOD excellent manual ...

Pages: 1 2 [3]