xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "scan Titles" Returns Nothing  (Read 219 times)

alu

• Archived User
"scan Titles" Returns Nothing
« on: September 04, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »

Hi guys, I have Avalaunch v0.49.3 Alpha Build 142 and Qwix 1.01.

The connection is auto-detected fine and I can browse my xbox using Qwix no problem.  But when I click on "Scan Titles" it comes up with nothing.  I've added many directories to the Folders list and I know there are titles in there.

Anybody else have this problem?  What steps should I take to debug this issue?

Thanks in advance.

(I did a search for this problem and only found one thread where the poster solved this problem by reformatting his xbox...)

ca8msm

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(alu @ Sep 5 2005, 05:07 AM)
Hi guys, I have Avalaunch v0.49.3 Alpha Build 142 and Qwix 1.01.

The connection is auto-detected fine and I can browse my xbox using Qwix no problem.  But when I click on "Scan Titles" it comes up with nothing.  I've added many directories to the Folders list and I know there are titles in there.

Anybody else have this problem?  What steps should I take to debug this issue?

Thanks in advance.
(I did a search for this problem and only found one thread where the poster solved this problem by reformatting his xbox...)

Having the same problem myself...I can use the Load ISO screen and FTP Upload ISO's to the XBOX fine, but the Scan Titles button returns no games. It defaults to F:\Games but I've tried loads of other folders as well.

ca8msm

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(ca8msm @ Sep 8 2005, 07:21 PM)
Having the same problem myself...I can use the Load ISO screen and FTP Upload ISO's to the XBOX fine, but the Scan Titles button returns no games. It defaults to F:\Games but I've tried loads of other folders as well.

I've resolved what the problem was for me - I had to make sure the Avalaunch dash was loaded (I'd left the XBOX loaded on the Evo dash so even though Quix found my xbox and allowed me to upload files, it couldn't see any files) and then look in F:\HDDLoader as all of my games had previously been uploaded by HDDLoader. Hope this helps with your problem.

alu

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »

Heh, nah.. Qwix complains to me when Avalaunch is not loaded.  I'm definitely using Avalaunch as my dash.

QUOTE(ca8msm @ Sep 8 2005, 02:23 PM)
I've resolved what the problem was for me - I had to make sure the Avalaunch dash was loaded (I'd left the XBOX loaded on the Evo dash so even though Quix found my xbox and allowed me to upload files, it couldn't see any files) and then look in F:\HDDLoader as all of my games had previously been uploaded by HDDLoader. Hope this helps with your problem.

JadeEdge

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(ca8msm @ Sep 8 2005, 02:21 PM)

ditto on this. all the games are in there... but i'm not seeing anything when i hit that Scan Titles button...

any help would be hot!

rvrutten

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »

sad.gif

HarshReality

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »

I dont know if this helps or not.... Quix doesnt work across subnets.

When I ran the commands from the same subnet as my xbox (actually hardwired into the same router) it ran fine.

xflbret

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 01:33:00 AM »

almost two years...do we have a solution yet? This has worked for me in the past, but doesn't now. No rhyme, no reason, no pattern that I can see. I could really make use of this feature. please help!

xflbret

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »

Please?...

I wasnt asking anyone in particular, I was just asking anyone. So, please, if you have ANYTHING to contribute please share it. It couldn't hurt, right?

LeperZ

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »

This place is worthless.  I have read every thing here about QWIX and mostly all i have seen is fellow members get involved.  I have the same problem as most here:

I use Avalaunch, it's up to date and windows xp and it's up to date.
QWIX will find my xbox, but will not see games and will not transfer isos to or from xbox.  Do Admins or super users know what the problem is or get involved in problem solving?

bookishboy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »

Proposed solution:

Go into Settings / Network / FTP Settings

Set "Use Non-Boostmode FTP Server" to "Disabled"

Set "Use Boostmode FTP Server to "Enabled"

Obviously make sure that your other network/IP/FTP settings are properly set-up.  It may be necessary to go back in and re-enable Non-Boostmode afterwards if you want to use a regular FTP client to access your Xbox via Avalaunch.

This is only guesswork, but I think the problem stems from the way that Avalaunch and Quix were co-developed to work together.  Boostmode seems not to work with most dashboards, and it seems from playing around with different settings that Boostmode and non-Boostmode settings may interfere with one another.  I suspect that Quix is designed to use Boostmode for most of its communication with Avalaunch's FTP server.

I know that this answer is coming a LONG time after the thread was started, or even since the last response.  This worked for me however, and I hope it' helpful to anyone else who encounters this problem.

If it matters, I'm using:
-softmodded xbox
-Krayzie's Ndure installer
-Avalaunch v0.49.3 (build 137)
-default Avalaunch skin
-Quix 1.01

This post has been edited by bookishboy: Oct 4 2009, 06:59 PM

bookishboy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »

I can no longer edit the post above, and I just realized that I left 2 things out:

-When I described going into Settings > Network > FTP Settings, this is in the Avalaunch dashboard, not in Quix.

-After doing all of this, I was able to scan the drive and see the list of names, but was unable to perform .iso archiving of them onto a computer hdd.  Solved this by switching over to Quix, choosing the "edit" option for my active connection, and changing the FTP type to "passive" mode.