xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problems Transfer Albums From Pc With Qwix!  (Read 102 times)

AleksGG

• Archived User
Problems Transfer Albums From Pc With Qwix!
« on: December 14, 2004, 04:48:00 PM »

I seem to have a small enoying problem,when I start transfer a Music album to the xbox,I have to rename and make the files name shorter,to make the transfer??why??Cant I fix it in some way..

BigDog67202

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »

Xbox filenames are limited to like 48 characters and there are a number of characters that will not work.  Searching the xbox-scene forums will get you the answer to the question "which characters are acceptable".

oj213

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »

FatX: File Renamer v1.0.0

U can use it to rename whole directories real quick. Time saver when doing hundreds of roms. Google it.

AleksGG

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(oj213 @ Dec 23 2004, 05:54 AM)
FatX: File Renamer v1.0.0

U can use it to rename whole directories real quick. Time saver when doing hundreds of roms. Google it.

I tried many diffrent rename programs,non of them seem to work,File renamer also..know about any other rename programs?it just pop up error or somthing when i tried to open file renamer!!

jacoblo33

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 06:44:00 AM »

I used Flash Renamer myself. Worked great and no limitations in the trial the first month

Keep in mind that , and + are not allowed. Do a simple search and replace...

elsandalos

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »

I discovered the curiously named A.F.5 Rename Your Files, which does exactly what needs to be done (truncating file names).

http://www.fauland.com/af5.htm

Not only is the util Freeware, it is also very easy to use and the author has given me a preview of the new version 2.0, which allows you to drag and drop entire folder trees straight onto the app. Great for big MP3 collections, and an annoying omission in both FATX Renamer and FAST FATX Renamer.

El.