xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch Freezes  (Read 1042 times)

anticloud

• Archived User
Avalaunch Freezes
« on: February 02, 2020, 05:39:00 PM »

Well, my Xbox 360 red ringed a couple weeks ago.  My modded Xbox has long outlived it, since 2003, but that may have changed today!  I was playing Jade Empire, and wanted to go back to the dashboard to open up XBMC.  So I did a soft reset (Right/Left Triggers + Right/Left Thumbsticks) and then I saw the EvoX/Xbox startup logo, then the logo for Avalaunch.  And that's it.  It just freezes at the Avalaunch logo, and never actually gets to the dashboard.

I've left it off the entire afternoon, just rebooted, and it's still doing that.  Am I screwed?

This post has been edited by anticloud: Yesterday, 01:39 AM

turfster

• Recovered User
Avalaunch Freezes
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 07:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(anticloud @ Jun 10 2009, 08:39 PM) *

Well, my Xbox 360 red ringed a couple weeks ago.  My modded Xbox has long outlived it, since 2003, but that may have changed today!  I was playing Jade Empire, and wanted to go back to the dashboard to open up XBMC.  So I did a soft reset (Right/Left Triggers + Right/Left Thumbsticks) and then I saw the EvoX/Xbox startup logo, then the logo for Avalaunch.  And that's it.  It just freezes at the Avalaunch logo, and never actually gets to the dashboard.

I've left it off the entire afternoon, just rebooted, and it's still doing that.  Am I screwed?

I've had that problem. It may be avalaunch as your dashboard. Some reason it made my xbox freeze as well when i upgraded to the newer version a long time ago. Try unleashx or XBMC as your main dash and see if it still freeze's

This post has been edited by turfster: Yesterday, 03:04 AM

anticloud

• Archived User
Avalaunch Freezes
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 01:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(turfster @ Jun 11 2009, 03:00 AM) *

I've had that problem. It may be avalaunch as your dashboard. Some reason it made my xbox freeze as well when i upgraded to the newer version a long time ago. Try unleashx or XBMC as your main dash and see if it still freeze's

I fixed everything up last night by re-installing Avalaunch. I've used it for about 5 years and never had a single problem until yesterday, so I just went with that. XBMC probably would be a better choice, since they actually still make new releases, and I'm pretty sure the "latest" Avalaunch build is the same I used 5 years ago.

Still, at least it wasn't a hardware issue, and I've never been so relieved to see that Merry Christmas anime babe logo before.

turfster

• Recovered User
Avalaunch Freezes
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(anticloud @ Jun 11 2009, 04:25 PM) View Post

I fixed everything up last night by re-installing Avalaunch. I've used it for about 5 years and never had a single problem until yesterday, so I just went with that. XBMC probably would be a better choice, since they actually still make new releases, and I'm pretty sure the "latest" Avalaunch build is the same I used 5 years ago.

Still, at least it wasn't a hardware issue, and I've never been so relieved to see that Merry Christmas anime babe logo before.

Glad to here it.