xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Linking To The Ms Dashboard From Avalaunch  (Read 752 times)

slimac55

• Archived User
Linking To The Ms Dashboard From Avalaunch
« on: January 13, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »

I did get my Xbox working finally for anyone who read my last thread (it turned out to be a faulty optical drive which was copying corrupted files). Anyway, now I've got it all working with Avalaunch and I'm very happy with it. Now I want to put the MS Dash on there. I copied all the files on the MS Dash to the Xbox C: drive (via FTP) renaming xboxdash.xbe to msxboxdash.xbe. Then I edited avalaunch.ini to link to the msxboxdash.xbe with the following line:
CODE

As documented by the Avalaunch manual. When I try to load the MS Dash using this link, I just get error 21.

slimac55

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 02:46:00 AM »

bump

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 08:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(slimac55 @ Jan 14 2009, 12:04 AM) View Post

I did get my Xbox working finally for anyone who read my last thread (it turned out to be a faulty optical drive which was copying corrupted files). Anyway, now I've got it all working with Avalaunch and I'm very happy with it. Now I want to put the MS Dash on there. I copied all the files on the MS Dash to the Xbox C: drive (via FTP) renaming xboxdash.xbe to msxboxdash.xbe. Then I edited avalaunch.ini to link to the msxboxdash.xbe with the following line:
CODE

As documented by the Avalaunch manual. When I try to load the MS Dash using this link, I just get error 21.

I don't think your problem is avalaunch related.  THis is the code on my friend's dash that we were messing with last night.

CODE

Obviously we name our dashes different things but your line is correct.

Error 21 is probably something wrong with your Xbox dash.  Not really sure.  It's been a long time since I've messed with this stuff.  That said, If you backed up your C drive I'd replace everything and then start over.  Probably easier than a File by File tally.

http://forums.afterd...view.cfm/210562

slimac55

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »

I fixed the problem with this guide: http://www.xbox-scen...link-msdash.php

I didn't know that you had to patch the dashboard and hex edit it.

Thanks ChrisF for taking the time to respond.