xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Boost Mode / Qwix Ftp...  (Read 499 times)

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Boost Mode / Qwix Ftp...
« on: January 01, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »

I never really saw a big difference when using Qwix in boost mode i have used a few different ftp clients too and they get pretty much the same speeds as Qwix. I have even used windows explorer and got preety much the same speed. The only thing I have noticed is the dash that you are in does effect speed and to me Unleashx is the best dash for ftp

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Boost Mode / Qwix Ftp...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 05:43:00 PM »

@ steveo... qwix boost mode only works when using avalaunch as an ftp server.  You will only see a difference when transferring many small files like roms.... and this difference can be huge.

@ Gucek.... only qwix is compatible with avalaunch's boost mode, standard ftp clients will not see a benefit from this.

blasfemaz1

• Archived User
Boost Mode / Qwix Ftp...
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »

sorry to go off subject, but why can't i start my own thread? I want to post a question in this forum but I do not see the option to do that.

Does avalaunch have a built in saves manager? I have a folder on my computer with a bunch of saves from codejunkies. I was wondering if I could just share it, and get to it from the ava filemanager and if it would autodetect they are xbox saves.

I find that if I just extract them on my computer, then transfer them with the ava filemanager, the saves are always corrupt.  The only way I can get them to work is if I use actionreplay and load them with the ms dash.

Guitarzan01

• Archived User
Boost Mode / Qwix Ftp...
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 12:47:00 AM »

Get FileBooster
Simple FTP client capable of pushing files to the Avalaunch(info) dashboard (or other xbox software compatible with avalaunch's boostmode) at blazing speeds of 10-11 mb/sec. Now you can upload your AVI's, JPG's, MP3's or whatever you like with boostmode.
This little application was prototyped and developed in less than 2 hours so don't judge it too hard if it has bugs or are missing features.
FileBooster.zip