xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch As Default Dash Problems  (Read 404 times)

Waffleicious

• Archived User
Avalaunch As Default Dash Problems
« on: August 23, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »

I am running UnleashX with Avalaunch as a program at the moment.  After using Avalaunch for a little while, I decided that I liked it so much that I'd make it my default dash.  My problem is that I can not replace, rename, or change any of the files on the C:\ partition.  I tried using ConfigMagic to unlock my HDD (Which worked) but I was still unable to change the files in C:\ .  Could it simply be a problem with my FTP program? (FileZilla)  

Also, my dash.xbe in my C:\ drive is Xboxdash.xbe  .  Is this my UnleashX dash or the original Xbox one? (I kind of don't want to completely get rid of the original; I like having things to revert back to)

Thanks in advance and sorry for being such a noob.  I only recently modded my Xbox.

This post has been edited by Waffleicious: Aug 23 2008, 05:47 PM

zerowizard

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 12:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Waffleicious @ Aug 23 2008, 11:47 AM) View Post

I am running UnleashX with Avalaunch as a program at the moment.  After using Avalaunch for a little while, I decided that I liked it so much that I'd make it my default dash.  My problem is that I can not replace, rename, or change any of the files on the C:\ partition.  I tried using ConfigMagic to unlock my HDD (Which worked) but I was still unable to change the files in C:\ .  Could it simply be a problem with my FTP program? (FileZilla)  

Also, my dash.xbe in my C:\ drive is Xboxdash.xbe  .  Is this my UnleashX dash or the original Xbox one? (I kind of don't want to completely get rid of the original; I like having things to revert back to)

Thanks in advance and sorry for being such a noob.  I only recently modded my Xbox.

It is most likely an FTP prob... permissions...
As far as the xboxdash.xbe... you tell me... it could be either, depending what the bios boots too. The best way to check would be launch it from a file manager (avalaunch filemanager or unleashx filemanager) and see what it leads too. If it goes back to UnleashX, then yeah, otherwise it is something else.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:57:00 AM »

How is your Xbox modded? If it's softmod then don't mess with the files on C, particularly not xboxdash.xbe, because it's xboxdash.xbe that loads the fonts to trigger the softmod. In any case, if you are softmodded with a recent, stable softmod then your dash will be E:\Dashboard\default.xbe or E:\Dash\default.xbe, so that's the file you would need to change.

Assuming that you aren't softmodded, two more questions:

1. Which BIOS are you using?
2. Can you replace the files on C using the UnleashX file manager? (At this stage I'd recommend you make a copy of the file you intend to replace into a temp folder on your E drive so you can revert back to the current state easily).