xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch Hangs While Loading  (Read 300 times)

tobym

• Archived User
Avalaunch Hangs While Loading
« on: January 02, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »

Hi all,

I'm new to all this, apologies if I've already done something stupid...

I recently installed Avalaunch on my modded Xbox and all was initially well. Now however, when I try to fire it up Avalaunch hangs a second or two after loading. The last thing it says is "loading 689 bytes". If I unplug the network cable it will load, so I guess it's as it tries to update itself.

Anyone got any tips for overcoming this?

Thanks,

Toby

lukelead

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 03:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(tobym @ Jan 2 2008, 08:00 PM) View Post

Hi all,

I'm new to all this, apologies if I've already done something stupid...

I recently installed Avalaunch on my modded Xbox and all was initially well. Now however, when I try to fire it up Avalaunch hangs a second or two after loading. The last thing it says is "loading 689 bytes". If I unplug the network cable it will load, so I guess it's as it tries to update itself.

Anyone got any tips for overcoming this?

Thanks,

Toby

Same happens to me, v.049.3, it says downloading 689bytes and hangs.
Actually, this happens just after it detects the internet connection, a few seconds after it runs. If i launch it without net cable everything is ok ... except the network connection, of course. dry.gif

Any idea ? thank you

Luke

tobym

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »

Are other users able to use Avalaunch ok at the moment?

lik00usn

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 04:54:00 PM »

Mine does the same thing as well, but I've found that as long as you don't have the networking enabled you'll be ok. I use XBMC and Unleash X as well, and the only thing I use avalaunch for is to boot up.

lukelead

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 01:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(lik00usn @ Jan 4 2008, 12:54 AM) View Post

Mine does the same thing as well, but I've found that as long as you don't have the networking enabled you'll be ok. I use XBMC and Unleash X as well, and the only thing I use avalaunch for is to boot up.

I use Avalaunch for managing iso files through Qwix, boot from EvoX. All other dash run fine.
One more thing to be added, maybe there's a connection: even Qwix fails to work. Although connection test is ok, upload of iso files does not happen (it hangs on "speed calculating").
Connection between xbox and pc is via a router, all cablings and setting are ok (all other dash can connect to the lan and internet).
It looks to me there is something wrong in Avalaunch setting ...  huh.gif  (but where ???)

Thanks for help

Luke