xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Boots Straight To Default Dash  (Read 271 times)

HenryCase

• Archived User
Xbox Boots Straight To Default Dash
« on: September 24, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »

I'm not very experienced with XBox mods, but I'm pretty sure you can solve your problem by burning EvoX to CD-RW/DVD-R, inserting disk whilst in MS Dash, rebooting XBox so disk runs and use FTP functionality of EvoX to change your dashboard settings. It might be possible to use the FTP part of Avalaunch to achieve the same effect, but I'm not sure about that.

phcd99

• Archived User
Xbox Boots Straight To Default Dash
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(HenryCase @ Sep 24 2007, 09:57 PM) View Post

I'm not very experienced with XBox mods, but I'm pretty sure you can solve your problem by burning EvoX to CD-RW/DVD-R, inserting disk whilst in MS Dash, rebooting XBox so disk runs and use FTP functionality of EvoX to change your dashboard settings. It might be possible to use the FTP part of Avalaunch to achieve the same effect, but I'm not sure about that.

Thanks for the quick reply, after looking around the forums a bit more, I saw mention of "slayer's boot disk", so I googled that and downloaded it from xbins and gave that a shit.

Pretty small download 170meg,  burned it to dvd and tossed it in my xbox. It looked the same as evox but with different options, the good thing was that it loaded an ftp server so I was able to ftp to the xbox and rename the files properly... avalaunch works again!!
 cool.gif