xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox-pc Connection Error =\  (Read 128 times)

ThaCrip

• Archived User
Xbox-pc Connection Error =\
« on: February 19, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »

basically fine the avalaunch's ftp settings out and then adjust your pc's to they work with avalaunch and then try conncting with a ftp program such as FlashFXP.... also turn OFF the DHCP option in avalaunch as you will need to setup a manual (STATIC) ip address.

that should take care of it... or you can have more options by loading up a dashboard such as UnleashX on your xbox (run it as a application) as this allows adjusting of FTP settings on the fly.

heres a example...

say avalaunch's ftp settings are like this...

ip address = 192.168.1.104
subnet mask = 255.255.255.0
default gateway = 192.168.1.1

you would than adjust your pc's settings something like this...

ip address = 192.168.1.103 (as long as this is even similar primarily speaking the first 3 numbers then your good)
subnet mask = 255.255.255.0
default gateway = 192.168.1.1

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 12:47:00 AM »

"The first three numbers?" Are you telling him to ignore his subnet and machine number?

OP: Check and/or list your PC NIC's config.  Run "ipconfig /all" (sans quotes) from a command prompt and list that, too.

While this might not be the case, there is a very good chance your PC's NIC is set for an IP of 192.186.1.x.  If that's the case, your Xbox is on a different subnet given the IP you've assigned it.

IPB Image
http://www.chefelf.c.../networking.php

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »

i aint telling em to ignore the subnet i was just giving em an example as to howto set up his ftp stuff so he can transfer files from pc to xbox or xbox to pc etc.

although i guess after re-reading my post i should have been more clear on that 3 numbers thing as what i said just confused em ill bet.... i was basically trying to say... "ip address = 192.168.1.103 (as long as this is even similar primarily speaking the LAST (example... xxx.xxx.x.XXX (X = these are numbers im talking about) ) numbers then you should be good. (im assuming the first 3 sets of numbers "xxx.xxx.x" are the same on both xbox and the pc)

my bad, i should have cleared that up wink.gif ... but since you posted that link im sure that will make it about as easy as it will get for him.

p.s. i sometimes type so quick i end up making errors that i dont notice til i re-read the stuff i typed lol