xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 'all Writing To Eeprom Disabled - Cannot Proceed'  (Read 95 times)

i91CrxSi

• Archived User
'all Writing To Eeprom Disabled - Cannot Proceed'
« on: September 06, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »

Hey Guys!
 I just got me a nice 30in HDTV ! woot woot lol and I was trying to switch it to the 1020i setting and this message popped up: 'All writing to EEPROM disabled - cannot proceed'

I tried locking my harddrive and I changed the setting on the original M$ dash to widescreen and it has widescreen enabled on the ava dash but it will notlet me change to the 1080i setting.

any ideas?

Im using svideo right now for the picture but I just ordered some component cables to see if that will help.

thanks in advance!

i91CrxSi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

Well I should have done more studying and realized that S-video cannot handle HD SO i bought some component cables, went into the original M$ dash and change the setting so it will allow 480p,720i,1080i but for some reason some of the games are squigly and im gu\essing its because of the refresh rate. Any ideas?

XmentalX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »

i dont remember the name of it but theres utilities out there that let you adjust your flicker filter.. try that it may help your problem (the higher the setting the more filter)