xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch Reloads When I Choose A Certain App  (Read 391 times)

xess

• Archived User
Avalaunch Reloads When I Choose A Certain App
« on: July 20, 2006, 04:03:00 AM »

But your copy of XBMC wasn't working anyway?! Get the latest version of XBMC, put it in f/apps, make sure ava has f enabled in settings and you should be good. If you have a stock hdd then it would be e/apps.

rabbitshavefangs

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »

Enable it in your MAIN SETTINGS.  I am also having a problem with my xbox rebooting when I try to load ANYTHING including games.  A few apps will load but most will not.  Can anyone help me?

rabbitshavefangs

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »

Actually you have to enable it in your MAIN SETTINGS *AND* in the Avalaunch.xml file.  That file is basic HTML.  All you have to do is read an online tutorial on changing things in that file OR just try it yourself.  It's fairly basic.  FTP to your xbox from your computer and pull Avalaunch.xml onto your computer off the xbox C: drive.
Open it by RIGHT clicking the file in Windows and clicking EDIT.  Open it with notepad, it tells you the basics in the file.  Then you resave it and FTP it back to your Xbox.  Make sure you don't reboot until all the options are exactly how you want them.

rabbitshavefangs

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »

Someone from high up said to load your MS DASH and delete any save states that are not GAME related.  After that reload in Avalaunch and reboot.  Then try opening that app or game you had a problem with prior.