xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X3ce Newly Installed. Need Ava Install Help!  (Read 262 times)

Party Animal

• Archived User
X3ce Newly Installed. Need Ava Install Help!
« on: July 02, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »

I recently installed the x3CE, and I thought tht hard part was over. (definitely wrong)
After having loaded the X3-  3294 bios, I put in a new, single-partition (unformatted) HDD, and then formatted it with the X3 utility.

So now I wish to install ava.
I have version 48 64.

I used quix and created the iso for ava. It booted right up on my xbox....

SO, I use ava's File Manager, and when I try to copy the files "media" "shoutcast" "avalaunch.xml" and "default.xbe" from the d:\ drive (cdROM) to the c:\ drive I get a frustrating message saying:

"/media: Access is denied"

I'm very sure that my HDD is not locked, and it is newly formatted. How can I gain access to write files in this drive? THanks in advance.

xess

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 11:38:00 AM »

It doesnt matter if your hdd is locked, the fact that its chipped takes care of that problem. Best thing to do is get a copy of slayers or aid to set up the hdd and install the software you want.

boob1966

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 04:38:00 AM »

dont use slayer older then the hills get a download of Auto installer deluxe 3 more upto date installer and has a option to remove dash (uninstall) dash useing dvd you have to update it with 3.0.3 update but it has a very good how to do that with download

This post has been edited by boob1966: Jul 4 2006, 11:39 AM

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »

try burning it again but dont use qwix to make the iso
just burn it in nero as an iso

emcee_n

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 02:04:00 AM »

Can you FTP to your Xbox?  Hold the white button on load and you should get to the X3's OS, which is has a fully featured FTP server.  Make program directories and transfer files over to your hard drive.  In the X3 OS, you can select which programs load on boot.  Simply install the applications to C:\Apps\Avalaunch\default.xbe, etc., and select this to boot as the first option.  You can choose up to six dashes I think.  Very very easy.  

I wouldn't recommend using the Auto installers because they tend to install old versions of dashboards (and especially of Xbox Media Center -- which I run as a dash) and they also organize everything in a fairly crap manner.  Really, the best option is to do it yourself.