xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch.xbe Renamed  (Read 162 times)

bmerwp

• Archived User
Avalaunch.xbe Renamed
« on: June 26, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

It's been about 5 months since i modded my second xbox v1.6 w/ x3+avalaunch.  I was doing a gameswap w/ him and noticed that his G:\ drive had a space of 0kb instead of the leftover from the F:\ and was attempting to fix it.  In the process of swapping some files from mine to his the names of avalaunch.xbe and xboxdash.xbe were swapped.  Now when I boot w/ chip i go straight to the regular xbox starting screen instead of booting to avalaunch.

I've tried numerous ways of fixing the problem (just need to rename the files) but cannot FTP back since avalaunch does not start up.

Some ways I've tried fixing it...

1.  FTP
2.  Removing the HD and connecting to my computer to try to rename files
3.  Reflashing Bios
4.  Making a boot disk for avalaunch using Qwix+Nero and naming the avalaunch.xbe as avalaunch.xbe, xboxdash.xbe and default.xbe.  (the disc worked on my xbox but would not load on his)

Each way ends up the same, with the boot going straight to the normal xbox boot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bmer

caster420

• Archived User
Avalaunch.xbe Renamed
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »

Why wont it work when you boot of a disc, ftp in, rename avalaunch.xbe to a temp name, rename xboxdash.xbe to avalaunch.xbe and then rename the temp name back to xboxdash.xbe?  Are you sue xboxdash.xbe is really avalaunch?  

Caster.