xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X3lcd And Rss Feeds  (Read 204 times)

saint_river

• Archived User
X3lcd And Rss Feeds
« on: June 18, 2006, 06:25:00 AM »

does anyone know if i could have the rss feed displayed on the x3lcd as this would make good use of the lcd.

also i cant seem to use the usb ports with avalaunch anyone know why, is some sort of driver required?

one last thing i cant seem to find any info on changing the boot screen for ava or where its kept on the drive.

lot of questions i know but i have only just started using ava, before i used to use unleash but it was quite prone to crashing on my box.

any help appreciated
cheers
Saint

xess

• Archived User
X3lcd And Rss Feeds
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 06:07:00 PM »

To change the boot image rename the image you want to use to bootimage.png and place it next to your avalaunch.xbe or evoxdash.xbe (depending on what you named it, of course).

Not sure about your other questions, but I know XBMC supports your LCD.

saint_river

• Archived User
X3lcd And Rss Feeds
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 01:58:00 AM »

i sorted the boot image, but you would think other dashboards besides xbmc would support the lcd display.
if i cant find anything, i will have to find the routine from xbmc and see if it will work in ava or unleashx

xess

• Archived User
X3lcd And Rss Feeds
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »

You could do that... or you could just have XBMC as your dash (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
I just gave up on ava and started using XBMC when Blackbolts 360 skin came out, and I cant get over how good/advanced it is!

saint_river

• Archived User
X3lcd And Rss Feeds
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

Problem i have with xbmc is that its too confusing if i want to do something i want it to be quick and easily viewable which xbmc is not.
think i might switch back to unleash for now and see if i cant find out whats making it crash.

really surprising that no-one has written support into the dashboards for the lcd, enough people have one for it to be viable.

cheers
Saint