xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 550 File Error  (Read 177 times)

jagsse

• Archived User
550 File Error
« on: June 16, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »

I'm trying to ftp avalaunch 0.49.3 into my xbox using Flashfxp. The xbox connects to flashfxp. I can see all the avaible files on my xbox. But, when I transfer avalaunch into my xbox, some files will not go. I get a "550 file error, cant open file"  message. Then it says 59 files failed to transfer. I'm using a X3 chip with bios X3_3294. Also tried avalaunch 0.49.0.3. I changed the ip address, login name, password, and switched to static using the notepad. Still nothing.

boast

• Archived User
550 File Error
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(jagsse @ Jun 17 2006, 12:41 AM) *

I'm trying to ftp avalaunch 0.49.3 into my xbox using Flashfxp. The xbox connects to flashfxp. I can see all the avaible files on my xbox. But, when I transfer avalaunch into my xbox, some files will not go. I get a "550 file error, cant open file"  message. Then it says 59 files failed to transfer. I'm using a X3 chip with bios X3_3294. Also tried avalaunch 0.49.0.3. I changed the ip address, login name, password, and switched to static using the notepad. Still nothing.

I have the same problem. It also happens with the x3config live and xbmc.

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
550 File Error
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 03:43:00 AM »

Make sure the files you are trying to ftp over dont have names over 15 characters long. Try renaming them and ftp over again. Its worth a try.

hubtech

• Archived User
550 File Error
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

I'm having the same problem.  A single file will copy fine for me.  It's when I try to copy whole directory structures that it fails.  It's like it can't/won't create the directory that the files are to be copied into.

I have tried manually creating a single directory and that works but I don't want to have to manually recreate the entire directory structure!

I'm using an X3CE with bios build 3294 in a version 1.6b box.  I've booted to the X3CL to FTP files onto a new hard drive.  I am not using Avalaunch for this.

I hope someone can provide some insight.

... hubtech

Party Animal

• Archived User
550 File Error
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »

MasterGouken is right, make sure the file names are < 15 characters, and there are no special characters too...such as "+"