xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch, A Dead Project?  (Read 140 times)

scoutski

• Archived User
Avalaunch, A Dead Project?
« on: May 26, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »

It may be retorical as the dash hasn't been updated since the end of 2004.
I hope the team will stick their heads together for just one time to fix some bugs and/or add some features.

Damn...i miss my skins.be girls on the tv-screen  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

S.

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 10:58:00 PM »

I feel for you.

I wish the same, but I know it isn't going to happen.  Sigh...

modchipper

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

Give up on Ava. It's been way too long. I held on long as I could then switched to XBMC. I love it. I still use Ava as a app to Quix my games in boost mode. That is the best thing about Ava these days. I used it for years too. Bummer. The new XBMC 666 edition is sweet as hell too. You should try it.

nuke field ET

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »

I've tried every single dashboard out there, and I've also tried the newest XBMC as a dashboard, but you know what?  I'm still sticking with Avalaunch.  It's the only dashboard that I've seen that gives me easy access to backups, emulators and applications without hassle, and even has a telnet/IRC client.  The only problem I've encountered is that in 480/720p or 1080i, on the file manager screen, the text is so small you almost have to walk up to the HDTV to read it.  Other than that, I still think Avalaunch has precedence over all other dashboards out there  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Evox117

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 06:59:00 PM »

If youd hang in the chan youd know whats been going on. Devs getting married....and having babys... and stop ya bitchin. They are working on the new Uix anyway. So they are kinda full.

dstealth

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 06:27:00 AM »

Well I'm currently using the latest version of Avalaunch (0.49.3) and I've had problems with the shoutcast music playing on start-up. It keeps on having to re-buffer every 5 minutes or so because it loses the connection. It also doesn't like displaying the X-S newsfeed while the music is playing. If I have the music off, the newsfeed is fine. Its basically either one or the other. Has anyone else had this problem?