xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Having Quite A Few Problems.  (Read 140 times)

blazedgoldfish69

• Archived User
Having Quite A Few Problems.
« on: May 15, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »

Ok, I'll start by saying that for now, the only way I can launch Avalaunch is through the CD with avalaunch.xbe changed to default.xbe, because for some reason I can't edit my X2 5035 bios with XBTool to change the default xbe boot.

SO, my problem is mainly with FTP. I have two NIC cards and a crossover cable OR I can do it by way of a router. I can't figure it out though. It looks like the default IP is supposed to be set to 192.168.0.3 (which I've read in several tutorials) so I set it to that but when I launch Avalaunch, at the bottom left it says '192.168.0.3 Err' (meaning error?).

I plug it into the crossover cable and I tried through the router and I go into FlashFXP and try to connect to 192.168.0.3 with username and password as 'xbox', and it won't connect.

Can anyone help me out? And don't post a link to a tutorial, I've read them all and can't seem to get it working by doing what they say. Plus they all have conflicting information and are pretty unclear.

Another thing is this: when I first boot it up it says '0 mb free on F:', but I have like nothing saved on my Xbox.

Also when I go into File Manager it reads this:

C - 322 MB
D - 0 MB
E - 4284 MB
F - Err: 3
X - 748 MB
Y - 48 MB
Z - 12 MB

What's with all this though. I have nothing on my Xbox except a few saves and it says all I have is 322 MB free. And what does Err: 3 mean?

I'm guessing these are problems because I'm booting Avalaunch off the CD. If this is the case, all I need to figure out is how to edit my bios file to boot avalaunch.xbe instead of the regular Xbox dashboard. I made a thread in the 'Xbox Bioses' section.

Help me out guys.

Boddah

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 12:33:00 AM »

1. Not quite sure what's going on there, but if you're connecting it directly to the PC, you'll need to set a static IP for your NIC card as well.

Example: NIC card with 192.168.0.7 as the IP, while the Xbox has an IP of 192.168.0.3.

2. I'm guessing you have a stock HDD? The C drive only contains the system files (dashboard) necessary for the Xbox to function properly. The saves are held on the E drive (I think in the UDATA folder?). With a stock drive, there is no F partition. If you happen to have the 10 GB HDD, you can format F to get an extra 2 GB of space.

As for your BIOS issue, the X2 5035 BIOS has Config Live, so you can change pretty much any BIOS setting through the supplied x2config.ini file. If you open it up in Notepad, you'll see something like:

; 255 characters max here, format is <drive>:<path_to_xbe>.xbe, e.g. "f:dashes\avalaunch.xbe"
dash1Name = c:avalaunch.xbe
dash2Name = c:evoxdash.xbe
dash3Name = c:unleashx.xbe
dash4Name = c:xbmc.xbe
dash5Name = c:xboxdash.xbe

As you can see, the first boot path by default is avalaunch.xbe. So, if you FTP into the Xbox, simply place your Avalaunch files into the C drive. Make sure to rename default.xbe to avalaunch.xbe. Reboot the Xbox and you should be presented with your Avalaunch dash.

Hope this helps.

blazedgoldfish69

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 02:57:00 AM »

Ok, one problem with Avalaunch though. I posted this in a few other sections as well. When I load it up from C: instead of the disc, the christmas (anime chick) background comes up and when it goes the the menu, the background stays like that instead of changing to the regular silver one and when I go to anything on the menu, such as file manager, the whole thing freezes. What should I do?