xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch Wont Boot After Altering Eeprom Settings  (Read 32 times)

EvShow

• Archived User
Avalaunch Wont Boot After Altering Eeprom Settings
« on: November 20, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »

I was trying to edit the AV settings of my Xbox to change it from NTSC to PAL as i recently relocated Canada to the UK however i continued to get the message "Will not write to eeprom while HDD is locked".
I attempted to overcome this problem by changing the "eeprom editing" option to yes (the exact wording escapes me) which caused my Xbox to shutdown.

I turned it on again and it would not load to the dashboard (Avalaunch) and the LED flickers red (or green and yellow if the AV cords are not plugged in).
I am able to open and close the DVD drive however that does not help in anyway.
I have been told by the person that i bought it off that he does not know much about eeprom but asumes that i need to get hold of a disc of somesort.

I am not experienced at all with modding and settings and should clearly should not have tried to edit anything myself but was exicted to use my xbox again after replacing the power supply.
Background - bought modded Xbox in Canada - worked great, took it to the UK, plugged it in and blew the power supply.
bought new power supply from ebay, installed new supply, Xbox worked in Black and White only at which point i tried to fix problem by editting the AV and then the eeprom settings, which is the source of my Woes.
Any help is greatly appreciated. BTW i have spent some time searching and scrolling through related topics regarding Eerpom and Avalaunch and have not found the same problem that i am having (xbox now wont load) but get the feeling that this is the appropriate forum.
I apologise if i have added this issue to the wrong section of if i have missed the solution already posted somewhere on this site.