xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ava Xmas Version Freezes After 20 Sec  (Read 210 times)

bigbubba7373

• Archived User
Ava Xmas Version Freezes After 20 Sec
« on: March 25, 2005, 05:42:00 AM »

ok i have been useing this dash since it came out.all of a sudden its starts frezzing after 20 sec i have tryed everything i even changed the auto update to disable still no luck

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 06:47:00 AM »

only quick thing i can think if is "clean install" (meaning delete files from xbox then get a fresh copy and put it on the xbox) ... get avalaunch from #xbins.

good luck wink.gif

bigbubba7373

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 07:11:00 AM »

thanks for the reply but i have allready done that still no luck

KeyMastur

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 07:15:00 AM »

what type of mod ?

rabside

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 08:20:00 AM »

I had the same problem. My box was connect to pc but internet connection was not shared. After failing to resolve dns, xbox freezed.

Ava tries to resolve dns if ethernet cable is plugged in

bigbubba7373

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 09:14:00 AM »

my xbox has an xecuter 3

MN-Mod-Man

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 09:16:00 AM »

A friend of mine is experiencing this exact same problem, I have yet to lookat it in person but I would disable all the Network stuff like Rss feeds, etc. to see if thats the problem. blink.gif

bigbubba7373

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 10:17:00 AM »

thanks for the reply MN-Mod-Man but i have allready tryed that i have also tryed an older version same problem its strange

GreatGariny

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »

I don't know if this will work or not but if you have tried renaming  the auto_update_enabled file to auto_update_disabled file in the TDATA\080299ff  area, I would try editing the irc settings (probably a long shot).  I believe it is set up by default to connect to some other .no server.  I don't know if it logs on to irc automatically for you or only if you connect manually to the irc server.  Try changing something like this in the xml:

<irc>
   <server>
   not defined
  </server>
</irc>

It is not your RSS news feeds if they were working properly before your avalaunch started freezing.  That was the first thing I tried to disable when I ran into this problem, but that had no effect and it still froze after about 20 seconds.

If you don't have an 080299ff folder in your TDATA folder, I don't know what is up.  Do you guys not even have that folder?  Or maybe it is in another folder.  I found mine by searching through a backup of my E directory on my computer.

I use the xmas 0.49.3 and renaming auto_update_enabled file worked like a charm for me and a few other people.  Perhaps in an older version of avalaunch this was not how you disabled auto update.  Try looking through the avalaunch.xml if you have an older version and can't find auto_update_enabled.

If nothing works for you try getting the official newest release and clearing all traces of avalaunch off your xbox including the "game save stuff" in the E directory.  Back it up first in case something goes wrong.  After the fresh install, check to make sure auto update is disabled in TDATA\080299ff, you will have to run avalaunch first so it can create the files in the E drive.

If nothing works, you will probably have to unplug your network cable until the server is fixed or the next release.

overclocking

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »

DANG!!! mine has worked fine for months now and its now doing the same thing. the only way to get it not to freeze is to turn off networking. I dont understand why all the sudden it does this.When it tries to connect to a web site it hangs up.

seagoat

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »

ive got the same problem here, i have installed 4 versions of avalaunch now trying to get it to work.  none of them do.  i have a x3 chip.

the problem seems to stem from a connection to the net, cause when i pull the plug ava works fine.  but the whole reason i use avalaunch is because of its net stuff, so its kkind of useless to me now.

overclocking

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »

Im betting the site name is supposed to be  .net  and not  .ne  so its freezing it up.

Broka

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »

Yup, same prob here too....unfortunately.

MN-Mod-Man

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »

mad.gif

bigbubba7373

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

i wish the ava team would hurry up and come out with an update for ava how long has it been now
Pages: [1] 2